Size of pro-180rpc LCR compare to pro-180rpc

Univek

Hi all, hoping there are installer or owners who have installed Klipsch PRO-180rpc LCR who can help me with the dimension of the speaker.

I'm seeing on Klipsch web site the dimension (both size of speaker and cutout) are significantly larger for the LCR vs. the non-angled one.  Like to verify that's true as I'm considering 2 LCR for Top Front and 2 regular ones for Top Rear.

Size for pro-180rpc LCR

• 15.25W
  • 11.57" cutout

Size for pro-180rpc

• 10.75W
  • 9.8" cutout

Source: https://www.klipsch.ca/custom-install/in-ceiling/professional-series

Thanks!

Edited by Univek
  • Like 1

I'm using the Pro-180RPC for my in-ceiling Atmos speakers, and can confirm that the cutout dimension is 24.9cm, which would be your 9.8 inches. I don't have the LCR version, so can't confirm the cutout dimension of those, but i think it's safe to assume that the larger cutout is correct, as the angling bracket looks like it takes up more space. I'm confident you can trust the Klipsch dimensions given on their product pages.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, inMotionGraphics said:

I'm using the Pro-180RPC for my in-ceiling Atmos speakers, and can confirm that the cutout dimension is 24.9cm, which would be your 9.8 inches. I don't have the LCR version, so can't confirm the cutout dimension of those, but i think it's safe to assume that the larger cutout is correct, as the angling bracket looks like it takes up more space. I'm confident you can trust the Klipsch dimensions given on their product pages.

Thanks for the quick response!  In this case... I may just stick with 4 pro-180rpc vs. getting two in the front w/ LCR.  Think the dispersion is wide enough anyway.  Cheers!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I just received Pro 180 RPC LCR's--I'll be using for ATMOS in my Middle Surround Position, originally intended for a 7.2 system, I'm going to run it 5.2.2.
I'll be using the Pro 180 RPC's in my rear surround position.

I have another room, where I'm using the Pro 180 RPC LCR's for my fronts--the angled configuration is awesome for this application.

I can measure them if you'd like.

Excited to sound test these, next to my classic Forte II's...