Anyone have a pair of K-55V solder terminal drivers and / or a pair of K-42 drivers they are willing to sell ??

twistedcrankcammer

8 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Jim,

I'm interested in those, I have 2 pair of K-42s and I was going to make another pair of Super Heresy. Looks like I need another pair of 55s although I do have push pin K-55Vs and a couple pair of K-55Ms. I almost like the 55Ms over the Vs in the Super Heresy.

Mark

8 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Mark,

I want these K-55 Solder terminals of Jims, but I have both an extra paIR OF k-55  PUSH PIMS AND i ALSO HAVE AN EXTRA PAIR OF k-55mS. I KNOW THE K-55m plays a little hotter. Are you interested in paying Jim for my K-55M sompression drivers towards my puschase of these from Jim ??

Roger

IDK what the problem is.

Jimbo posted them Wednesday at 5:27 PM and I worked some magic (I paid for them) to close the deal on Saturday night. I think 3 days would be long enough to decide if anyone wanted them. When something is for sale more than 24 hours with no commitment, they should be available on a first come, first serve basis. I think 24 hours is a generous amount of time, CL and other markets, the item goes to the person with cash in hand. 

I think $300 for a seal is a bargain, maybe I need one.

Mark

3 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

This is off the table now for anyone, I shouldn't have jumped in to your WTB thread.  Too much BS.

Jim,

Just a little input, a few words and I am being honest here.

First, when I posted thankyou to you when I got my daughters Pro slant monitor Heresy's, I truly did mean that. I would have went into more explanation but, didn't feel I should on an open forum. I had already tried to PM a thankyou to you prior, but it was blocked.

Look, I came to this realization; You and I are NEVER going to see eye to eye on Politics, you have your beliefs and I have mine and they could not be further apart but, this does NOT mean I think you are dishonest or not an honest guy. Hell, I was proud of you when you won those Heresy's at Pilgramige an helped the museum out.

When you offered me the K-77M square tweeters for $170, I never responded because a fellow forum member contacted me and sent pictures of two pairs of K-77m tweeters for $120 a set. One set looked identical to yours and the other pair was slightly older, having the round silver PWK badge and wires but, also looked brand new. I sure did not try to bad mouth what you were asking, I just took the better deal and moved on.

When you offered these K-55Vs, I asked about the wires and pictures because another forum member already contacted me to sell me a pair of K-55V solder lugs for $250 plus an additional $12 for shipping and yours were $300 plus free shipping. Me asking for pictures was not mistrusting you, I was just shopping and yours looked outstanding. Since you sold them to Mark, a second individual from the forum has PM'd me with pictures of his K-55V solder terminals with wire and is also asking $300 and although yours are the nicest I have ever seen, these are just about as nice.

I just wanted you to have a window into my thoughts since I could not PM this too you. No hard feelings on my part and I hope you don't have any either.

Roger

57 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

IDK what the problem is.

Jimbo posted them Wednesday at 5:27 PM and I worked some magic (I paid for them) to close the deal on Saturday night. I think 3 days would be long enough to decide if anyone wanted them. When something is for sale more than 24 hours with no commitment, they should be available on a first come, first serve basis. I think 24 hours is a generous amount of time, CL and other markets, the item goes to the person with cash in hand. 

I think $300 for a seal is a bargain, maybe I need one.

Mark

Mark,

It was the gloating smiley faces for me.

After seeing the pictures, they are worth $300.

I have some perfect K-55Ms that I will be putting on eBay, but the $250 from you plus $50 from me was an offer. If you had countered my offer with $200 for my K-55m's and I pay Jim $100, I would have done the deal.

I also have four fresh K-48Ks, some K-55V push pins and a few other drivers I will be listing on eBay.

Roger

8 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

I also have four fresh K-48Ks, some K-55V push pins and a few other drivers I will be listing on eBay.

Roger

I may be interested in a pair of the k-48's do you have any pictures or more information about them, price? Thanks.

Jesse

12 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

I may be interested in a pair of the k-48's do you have any pictures or more information about them, price? Thanks.

Jesse

Jesse,

I have two pair and I need to go pick them up some time this week. Two are original and like new and the other two have just been reconed.

Roger

11 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Jesse,

I have two pair and I need to go pick them up some time this week. Two are original and like new and the other two have just been reconed.

Roger

The two original k-48's are they 4ohm? Do you know the history behind them, which speaker model they were removed from? How much are you trying to get for the pair? I'd like to see pictures of them when you get a chance please thank you!

On 4/20/2020 at 11:05 AM, jjptkd said:

The two original k-48's are they 4ohm? Do you know the history behind them, which speaker model they were removed from? How much are you trying to get for the pair? I'd like to see pictures of them when you get a chance please thank you!

Jesse,

I'm not sure what they came out of. They are K-48Ks and I think they might be out of Chorus speakers. The recones are original Eminence K-48K recone kits. All four of these are different than ther K-48 drivers I have seen as the have plastic screw type terminals, not just solder posts,

Roger

22 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

I'm not sure what they came out of. They are K-48Ks and I think they might be out of Chorus speakers. The recones are original Eminence K-48K recone kits. All four of these are different than ther K-48 drivers I have seen as the have plastic screw type terminals, not just solder posts,

Roger

Thanks for getting back to me on these, as far as I know there are no available 4 ohm recone kits from Eminence only 8 ohm? Screw type terminals, vented magnets and ribbed basket frames are all signs of "pro" drivers which I have seen plenty of both 4 & 8 ohm versions of otherwise the same woofers. I'd like to see pictures front and back and if you have a multimeter to confirm if they are in fact 4 ohms that would be great I appreciate it thanks!

2 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Thanks for getting back to me on these, as far as I know there are no available 4 ohm recone kits from Eminence only 8 ohm? Screw type terminals, vented magnets and ribbed basket frames are all signs of "pro" drivers which I have seen plenty of both 4 & 8 ohm versions of otherwise the same woofers. I'd like to see pictures front and back and if you have a multimeter to confirm if they are in fact 4 ohms that would be great I appreciate it thanks!

Wont happen this week. 1.5 hour drive and I have my Autistic and MRDD son while my wife is working

Yes, ribbed cast frames and ribbed cones as well. This guy also winds his own coils sometimes so anything is possible. He hand wound me four flat wire aluminum coils to make my four EV 15W-K drivers correct and Electro Voice is the ones that sent me too him years back as they send all their obsolete work to him.

Roger

On 4/23/2020 at 12:48 PM, twistedcrankcammer said:

Jesse,

I'm not sure what they came out of. They are K-48Ks and I think they might be out of Chorus speakers. The recones are original Eminence K-48K recone kits. All four of these are different than their K-48 drivers I have seen as the have plastic screw type terminals, not just solder posts,

Roger