Does this exist

YK Thom

I’m not sure... my sense is Discman was out before Bluetooth was popular and likely missed that technology but you might be able to add a Bluetooth transmitter to one using the stereo output jack? Do you have one that still works?  

I'm looking for a small type devise I could use on the balcony this summer with headphones. CD comparability would be good, although I may be looking at this all wrong. Maybe it is some sort of thing that could pick up blue tooth or wifi from my computer.

8 minutes ago, YK Thom said:

I'm looking for a small type devise I could use on the balcony this summer with headphones. CD comparability would be good, although I may be looking at this all wrong. Maybe it is some sort of thing that could pick up blue tooth or wifi from my computer.

perhaps a bluetooth pair of headphones for that.  I don't know the quality of these though., but perhaps a direction to explore.

https://www.amazon.com/OneOdio-Bluetooth-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B0828PYKZN/ref=sr_1_21?dchild=1&keywords=bluetooth+headphones+quality&qid=1587087228&sr=8-21

Let’s see if I understand what you would like to do; you have a source(s) eg. computer or CD player that you would use as source via Bluetooth transmitter. You have headphones you want to use. So the trick is to get a Bluetooth receiver that is small and will allow you to plug in your existing wired headphones?

I think there are Bluetooth receivers that you then plug your wired headphones into. I’ve never used those. Not sure how good the sound quality would be. Try checking with the guys at Headphone Bar in Vancouver, they seem pretty good, I’ve purchased from them in the past.  

I use a Bose Bluetooth speaker when doing work on the house, Or reading on the deck but it does not have a headphone output. I did a quick search for a Bluetooth speaker with headphone output with no luck, but maybe a longer effort would yield something. 

Other option is a set of Bluetooth headphones which you may not want to do, but might be ok budget wise and solve the problem?  My wife wore out a set of Klipsch X10 and I got her a set of Bose Bluetooth IEM. They are great for practical wire free use but not as good SQ. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MC39693 said:

Is a Bluetooth headphone adapter what you are looking for?  If yes... see,

https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-bluetooth-headphone-adapter/ 

Hope this helps or am I missing the question?

This might be the sort of thing. I have a pair of Meze headphones on the way. I'm not sold on blue tooth headphones.