Making a crossover for a RP-440WC.

EverReady2

The RP-440WC was on sale, so I decided I could just mod it into a "RP-440C" I might have glossed over the totally different drivers and tweeter...

The cross over for this seems to be pre amp, and each speaker has its own amp feed. While the wireless audio receiver is "proprietary" so no diagrams are available to put a pre-amp signal straight into it(even if I could find a unencrypted audio into the amp is also powered by that board).

I have abandoned trying to reuse any circuitry existing on the RP-440WC, and with the specs from the speaker sheet "Tapered array 200 Hz (2 outer woofers), 1.8 kHz (2 inner woofers)"

I was going to throw a low pass(?) 200hz,1.8khz crossover together for the 2\2 woofers and wing the tweeter...

EDIT: I'm also looking at using a RF-3 crossover as a base, it seems to have the same sized drivers and tweeters.

Edited by EverReady2

So you've either got to buy the transmitter for a couple hundred or design and build a pair of crossovers.  If you can do the latter more cheaply than the former, time and material, then by all means go that route.  Or buy the transmitter, or return (if you haven't touched tools to it) or sell the speaker you incorrectly bought.  Simple.

I ended up buying a RP-404C Network interface which has a crossover of FREQUENCY500Hz/1500Hz, which is the closest I could find. The one in the 440wc is 200Hz/1800Hz so I may draw out a diagram and see if I can up it to 200hz/1800hz or just run it as is.

Selling the amp/dsp/wireless receiver as parts should still make it a goodish buy.

Edited by EverReady2

20 hours ago, EverReady2 said:

I ended up buying a RP-404C Network interface which has a crossover of FREQUENCY500Hz/1500Hz, which is the closest I could find. The one in the 440wc is 200Hz/1800Hz so I may draw out a diagram and see if I can up it to 200hz/1800hz or just run it as is.

Selling the amp/dsp/wireless receiver as parts should still make it a goodish buy.

I'll be interested to know how it all works out. My RP-440WC is due to arrive today. Where did you purchase the crossover? Would you be able to PM me the schematics?

• 1 month later...