Checking out a couple of houses tomorrow

wuzzzer

• 2 months later...

Wednesday is moving day!  I can't wait to get everything set up and dialed in.  I already packed up my subs and RS-7 surrounds a couple weeks ago.  Found a mint pair of Synergy S2 for $40 that I'm going to use as rear surrounds.

Also in the process of finally getting a 4K TV after having my 70" 1080p set for over 8 years. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Congratulations, your going to love not having neighbors on the other side of the wall. 

What tv your looking at? 

I've been reading up on the Hisense 65H9G that's been getting some fantastic reviews.  Unfortunately so is everyone else so they sell out as soon as anyone gets them in stock. 

24 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

I've been reading up on the Hisense 65H9G that's been getting some fantastic reviews.  Unfortunately so is everyone else so they sell out as soon as anyone gets them in stock. 

Check FRY'S  -------https://www.frys.com/------they always have great deals on TV'S ----------

Check FRY'S  -------https://www.frys.com/------they always have great deals on TV'S ----------

I have bought many things from Frys...just watch out for repackaged returns sold as new, as they are notorious for this. I once got an answering machine sold as new, but it had someones messages on it already.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Negatron said:

I have bought many things from Frys...just watch out for repackaged returns sold as new, as they are notorious for this. I once got an answering machine sold as new, but it had someones messages on it already.

i never had 1 problem with Fry's ,  for over 35 years of business -  0  -nada  , and no affiliation

• Like 1

i never had 1 problem with Fry's ,  for over 35 years of business -  0  -nada  , and no affiliation
It was well known in the 90s that they were doing this and also that they had miss marked items all over the store. I ince picked up some JVC SVHS tapes for $2, that were supoosed to be around $10. I heard that the missmarking was to get more people into the store. I started buying from Frys when the San Jose store in the early 90s.

55 minutes ago, Negatron said:

It was well known in the 90s that they were doing this and also that they had miss marked items all over the store. I ince picked up some JVC SVHS tapes for $2, that were supoosed to be around $10. I heard that the missmarking was to get more people into the store. I started buying from Frys when the San Jose store in the early 90s.

you were 1 hour away  from  -Sausalito  -Larkspur /Marin County ,  Fremont-San Jose is a great place to visit during the wine season  -

• Like 1

Wow, you never realize how much stuff you have until it's time to move.  Now the unpacking begins.  😕

There's actually three "rooms" in the basement where I could set up my HT.  I think I'm going to do the room that's about 15x25 feet and set everything up along the long wall.  It'll be great to have everything spread out and not so crammed like it was in our apartment and in our old house. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

Wow, you never realize how much stuff you have until it's time to move. 

I've moved ... a lot.  I find that every time I move, there are boxes that go in storage and never are unpacked. I have boxes of stuff that haven't been opened in decades; BUT I REALLY need that stuff. 

Last time I moved I was so "over" the packing, that I gave six Klipsch speakers to my ex-wife. She said she didn't want them; but her new husband said "Yes, we do. I'm not going to turn down Klipsch speakers."

• Haha 1

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

Wow, you never realize how much stuff you have until it's time to move.

23 years here and I would not want to think about that job, I would think most people get rid of a few things.

As not a fun thing to do you know it's also fun and exciting, your going to have a better space, Congratulations both of you.

• Like 2