Marantz 15

Rodog

I recently had my Marantz 15 amplifier reconditioned. I have been advised to put a fuse between the amp and the speakers due no speaker protection being part of it’s circuitry. I will be using it with a pair of early 1980s Klipsch Heresy speakers. I was provided a few 2A fast blow fuses for that purpose.  Rather than a discussion of whether this a good idea or not. I am asking about the “how” to place a fuse between the amp and the speakers. Would like to know what is used to hold the fuse. Are both of the speaker wires “fused”? Any other guidance or advice?

Thanks in advanced

Greg

Edited by Rodog
Grammar
  • Like 1

To make things easy, connect your negative wires first. Left negative from amp to left speaker, then right negative from amp to right speaker. Then it shouldn't matter where you physically locate the fuses, either close to the amp or close to the speaker. Connect each fuse in the positive wire between the amp and the speakers, like a wire from the amp to one side of the fuse, then other side of the fuse goes to the positive on the speaker. If they're small glass fuses about as big around as a pencil, inline fuse holders are available that already have a few inches of wire sticking out each end of the fuse holder. That keeps soldering to a minimum, unless you enjoy soldering.

• Like 1

To all - thanks for the responses. Looks to be an easy process. Now to order the parts. 

MicroMara- yes that is the Marantz model I have. I have yet to use it other than to check that both channels work before sending it off for service. Will be interested to see how it sounds in comparison to my 8b. Will use a 7t as pre amplifier.

Thanks

Greg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rodog said:

To all - thanks for the responses. Looks to be an easy process. Now to order the parts. 

MicroMara- yes that is the Marantz model I have. I have yet to use it other than to check that both channels work before sending it off for service. Will be interested to see how it sounds in comparison to my 8b. Will use a 7t as pre amplifier.

Thanks

Greg

I love the Marantz classics

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2020 at 4:20 PM, MicroMara said:

You mean this Marantz Model 15?

Marantz 15.jpg

1724674-marantz-model-15-amp.jpg

I believe the 15's were Saul Marantz first SS amps. Mono blocks bolted together behind a plate front cover. 

Had a pair in the early '70's. with the mod 14.  A mono block used as a center channel amp.

Ran his 7T preamp. 

Sweet sounding gear back in the day. 

tc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...