Looking for recommendations for my industrials

Slovakmike1968

On 11/18/2020 at 1:14 PM, rplace said:

@Slovakmike1968   Buy one of these, you can pick them up used for around $200+/- https://www.crutchfield.com/p_859XLS1002/Crown-XLS-1002.html

It has the ability to cross at different point. Give your La Scala bottoms one of the predefined settings around 300-400Hz and they will be sounding like they should.

I finally order one!  I’m pairing it with a Sansui AU-D7 to power the Hereseys!  Should have them powered up sometime this week.  

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Slovakmike1968 said:

I finally order one!  I’m pairing it with a Sansui AU-D7 to power the Hereseys!  Should have them powered up sometime this week.  

Report back on the sound quality

Class D has come a long way

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Slovakmike1968 said:

It is amazing.   The bottom end punch kicks you right in the chest.  I got the cross over set to 400.  The Sansui has the Hereseys sounding a lot warmer, too.  

Good !

You might want to add a location to your profile

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was listening to a only-piano song today and noticed the horns in my Herseys were doing a tinty distortion when certain keys of the piano were played.   Any advice?   Do I need to replace the horns?   The diaphragms?    With what?  Thanks for any direction.  I was also thinking if I have to open them up I might want to upgrade the crossovers?

4 minutes ago, Slovakmike1968 said:

I was listening to a only-piano song today and noticed the horns in my Herseys were doing a tinty distortion when certain keys of the piano were played.   Any advice?   Do I need to replace the horns?   The diaphragms?    With what?  Thanks for any direction.  I was also thinking if I have to open them up I might want to upgrade the crossovers?

Before you replace any parts loosen and tighten all the screws on the crossover.