Best way to play streaming music through my La Scala ??

MarinO

Group:

I have a question? I want to stream music through my La Scalas. I am using a Pioneer A 91d receiver (early 90’s) and want to steam Spotify through them. Will I need a DAC?

if so what is a good one? I live in Michigan and I will be inside at least till June lol

Thank you in advance for your expertise. 

3 hours ago, MarinO said:

Group:

I have a question? I want to stream music through my La Scalas. I am using a Pioneer A 91d receiver (early 90’s) and want to steam Spotify through them. Will I need a DAC?

if so what is a good one? I live in Michigan and I will be inside at least till June lol

Thank you in advance for your expertise. 

This section is for people who are having issues with Klipsch's website.  Please repost in an appropriate section like Two Channel, General, etc.  👍

• Confused 1

On 4/19/2020 at 6:44 PM, wetowne said:

You could try this solution. It's cheap and sounds way better than you would think. Good enough for Spotify. 20.00 DAC and 15.00 Chromecast. I'm going to use this setup for my Pioneer SX-780 (1978).  

IMG_2369.jpg

Could you please clarify???

i am some what ignorant to this situation. 

Try and find a used Chromecast Audio device. They are a discontinued item that is still very popular. Prices for used run about 50.00, new unopened box around a 100.00, which is a shame because I got mine new for 15.00 when they were closing them out. They are popular for a reason, they stream beautifully, sound great and work with most everything. For price and versatility there was really no competition. I still don't know why Google stopped making them and didn't replace them with a similar device. But I digress. They are simple to use, you can use it on it's own without a DAC using a 3.5mm stereo male to RCA cable and it sounds better than ok, pair it with a decent DAC using an optical cable and it will sound excellent. I show it here with a 20.00 DAC which is designed primarily for use with a TV that only has an optical output  but sounds very good in a stereo setup as well. You could even try just using a cell phone running Spotify with the aforementioned RCA cable, you might be pleasantly surprised. I wouldn't abandon that nice old Pioneer just yet. 

Edited by wetowne

• 2 weeks later...