NETFLIX, Amazon Prime, YouTube, etc recommendations

DizRotus

9 hours ago, Bigaycy said:

I like Justified.

Good show!

Youtubetv just axed all the foxsports local channels. Only way to watch the NHL here. Had to cancel Youtube.. but they carry nbc sports channel that does the Stanley Cup. Hulu has my NHL team for 80 games if they play that long starting 12-1, but doesn't have NBCSN for the playoffs and the Cup. Imagine I'll switch back to youtube then until the next season starts.

Arrrgggghhhhh!

• Moderators
On 4/19/2020 at 12:13 PM, DizRotus said:

I searched to see if such a thread exists, but found none. Without streamed TV this house arrest would be unbearable.

Although I have several candidates, I don’t want to hog the podium, so I’ll start with a Netflix series I just discovered. The Innocence Files is interesting and very compelling, especially to this former prosecutor.

I look forward to getting suggestions from others here.  Stay sane while staying safe.

That was an awesome series. Conviction Integrity Units are an essential thing. Patricia Cummings (featured in the Philadelphia episode) is a good friend of mine.

• Like 1

My least favorite episode of The Innocence Files was the final one.  I expected it to be especially interesting, as it was set in Michigan, and many of the individuals were known to me, but it was very disappointing.  Perhaps it was because the innocent subject defendant was a jerk.  The other innocent defendants were more likable.

9 hours ago, Bigaycy said:

I like Justified.

We just started that a couple of weeks ago! We are only on season Two. It’s the best show I’d never even heard of.
The beauty of it was,  that we’d just finished Deadwood, so there are all those, moments of  recognition. Great TV. 

• 2 months later...
On 12/25/2020 at 8:48 PM, dwilawyer said:

A must.

If you have not seen Searching For Bobby Fischer, it is also currently on Netflix, watch that first.

We took your advice and watched Searching For Bobby Fischer.  We enjoyed it very much.  We agree with your recommendation to watch it before The Queen’s Gambit. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, DizRotus said:

We took your advice and watched Searching For Bobby Fischer.  We enjoyed it very much.  We agree with your recommendation to watch it before The Queen’s Gambit. 

Awesome. When I saw Queen's Gambit I kept thinking back to a few parallels. Different themes, but Searching was based on real life experience of a chess prodigy and the myth and legend that Bobby Fischer had become after he went underground. I think it gives some context to Queen's Gambit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 1/12/2021 at 8:35 AM, DizRotus said:

The wife and I are enjoying Pretend It's A City on Netflix.

If you have prime, I watched TWICE the entire 3 seasons of "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel." set in the late 60's. First class all the way. All characters are real characters, especially the Parents!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

If you have prime, I watched TWICE the entire 3 seasons of "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel." set in the late 60's. First class all the way. All characters are real characters, especially the Parents!

Waiting for a new season.

• Like 1