CF-4s Version 1? $1500

ZEUS121996

28 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

serial # shows 1993? I thought these all were 1994-1996. Also posted 14 weeks ago, so I doubt they are still available.

I don't see the previous post but I didn't look that close.  Might be worth a shot if they are still asking $1500, they might still have them

Mark

58 minutes ago, John Chi-town said:

The speakers are still available Serial number is 041595073.  Would that be a V1, or 2?  Said they are her fathers and look "out of the wrapper". Is $1,500.00 a fair price?

How are you doing John? Been a long time. Nice to hear from you again.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, John Chi-town said:

The speakers are still available Serial number is 041595073.  Would that be a V1, or 2?  Said they are her fathers and look "out of the wrapper". Is $1,500.00 a fair price?

IMO it's about 700 too high, 800 for black Version 1 seems to be more realistic.

Mark

14 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

IMO it's about 700 too high, 800 for black Version 1 seems to be more realistic.

Mark

Mark

Mark, thanks for your input.  Am I missing something on serial numbers?  The FB posting link reflects the serial number of an Academy Center Channel also available from same seller.  The serial numbers for the C-4, are:  041595073  My understanding on serials is that this would reflect a date of  41st day of 1995?

3 minutes ago, John Chi-town said:

Mark, thanks for your input.  Am I missing something on serial numbers?  The FB posting link reflects the serial number of an Academy Center Channel also available from same seller.  The serial numbers for the C-4, are:  041595073  My understanding on serials is that this would reflect a date of  41st day of 1995?

I sent the seller a message asking about the Academy and yes I believe they are from 95

@wvu80Dave, can you tell us what year these are please? I'm not interested in any of it, just trying to help someone looking for version 1s

Mark

• Like 1

I sent the seller a message asking about the Academy and yes I believe they are from 95

@wvu80Dave, can you tell us what year these are please? I'm not interested in any of it, just trying to help someone looking for version 1s

Mark

Thanks again Mark.  She sent me additional photos which reflect the apparent 1995 date, if so could it still be a V!?

On 4/23/2020 at 11:30 PM, ZEUS121996 said:

15 hours ago, John Chi-town said:

Well all indicators are that they are indeed a V1 CF-4 pair. Validated 5" inch port tube length with owners daughter.

I just looked at the pic of the label.  It says "Academy" and then has that serial number which does NOT match.  I bet the picture of that CF-4 was taken off the internet.  It absolutely does not go with that label.  Notice that none of the pictures show the finish.

image.png.dfb5349b9a4fc874e14c43a6334f2d07.png

• Like 1

On 4/23/2020 at 2:43 PM, John Chi-town said:

I show CF-4's in Good condition to Average $1100.  That is data based.

My opinion is that v1 = $800.  Subtract $100 for each version per year. 

Klipsch Heritage used prices ver 2019-12.xlsx

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I show CF-4's in Good condition to Average $1100.  That is data based.

My opinion is that v1 = $800.  Subtract $100 for each version per year. 

Klipsch Heritage used prices ver 2019-12.xlsx 339.59 kB · 125 downloads

Thank you.  She is selling an Academy as well.  I think posted serial number of Academy with CF-4 photos was a mistake.  She sent me additional photos with the serial numbers I posted on this thread.  They are firm on $1,500.00 , or will keep.  I gave her a standing offer and told them to let me know if they change their mind.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, John Chi-town said:

Thank you.  She is selling an Academy as well.  I think posted serial number of Academy with CF-4 photos was a mistake.  She sent me additional photos with the serial numbers I posted on this thread.  They are firm on $1,500.00 , or will keep.  I gave her a standing offer and told them to let me know if they change their mind.

You did your due diligence.  I'm glad it wasn't a scam.

The Seller has researched on Ebay and found ASKING prices.  CF-4's have sold for as much as $1500 but that is really an outlier.  Unless she comes WAY down on price she is going to be holding those for quite a while.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stormin said:

I don't believe we are looking at version ones here.

No sir, no we are not.  🤣

I will give the female seller a pass on not knowing how to properly measure a 2.5" port.  Kudos to her for taking an accurate picture of what she was seeing. 

• Like 1