ProMedia 2.1

Kurt Johnson

Hi,

I have two questions for this knowledgeable community.  I own a Promedia 2.1 speaker system that may need a subwoofer repair.  I have tried fuse, but that didn't fix it.  Klipsch thinks it is a problem with the subwoofer.  They recommend a company in Michigan to repair $80-$100.  Not bad.  First, I am wondering if it is worth it.  What do I have in this product?  It is not wireless.  The product is from about the year 2000.  Will I regret it if I dump this product?  If I decide to keep it, can it only be hooked up to a computer or can I set it up with a TV?  Thanks in advance for your response?

Kurt Johnson

I quite often see these systems on sale for around 120 bucks so I would just replace. I had the ProMedia 5.1 system which was great for about 6yrs and the sub went out. problem is its just not a sub,the amp and all other electronics are in there and not very serviceable. I just grabbed and old avr and cheap sub then used the 5 surrounds for a working system.

If the 2.1 is the same as my 5.1 the inputs are all 3.5mm jacks to use with computers, but if tv has rca outputs then you can get rca to 3.5mm adaptors.

I've had a pair since they came out and have replaced the control once. Great speakers for their size and price. However, it would be best to just spend $150 on the latest version. They are back ordered right now, but I'm sure once things calm down in China you can get a new set.