La Scala 80's Walnut, whats a good price?

lancelot

Hi guys, 

I stumbled upon a pair of La Scala's from the 80's that have been sitting in storage for a few years now.  Wondering what a good price would be to offer for the speakers? The owner knows what they have and just asked for an offer.   Could you guys offer some advice and thoughts? Thanks

• Like 1

The value will depend on how well they are preserved in both appearance as well as their drivers and crossovers.   If they have been updated all the better. That being said La Scala's are beautiful and sound terrific and are coveted by Klipsch fans.  Price depends on where you are and condition.  There are folks on this forum that have  data on sales prices. Someone will chime in with good advice.  Welcome to the forum.  I hope you get your LaScala's

• Like 1

81’s with the letter code “W” in the serial number are the golden year. AA and soldered lug mid.

Anything up to ‘89 has the AL and metal horns

89’s have the AL and resin horns.

Walnut is a rare bird.

Even in less than stellar condition a grand for a pair of fully functioning LaScalas is easy to live with.

If they are sweet a grand would be a steal.

And good luck.

Everyone on this forum deserves to hear a pair of LaScalas in their own home at least once in a lifetime.

• Like 4

Ok, update: 

I was able to grab some images of the speakers shown below. 

They are not walnut, its birch lacquered satin, my mistake. 

The sides have a couple small scuffs on both pair as shown below but nothing major.

What do you guys think?  Suggestions?  

IMG_0659.jpeg

IMG_0638 (1).jpeg

IMG_0642.jpeg

unnamed.jpg

• Like 1

There are many factors so no "one size fits all". The $800-$1200 is accurate if fully functional and from what I see in the few photos.

Shoot him a price, start low and see his reaction. Depending on what you are listening to now, don't be afraid to pay a little more, it just means you will get to have La Scalas sooner.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, lancelot said:

Ok, update: 

I was able to grab some images of the speakers shown below. 

They are not walnut, its birch lacquered satin, my mistake. 

The sides have a couple small scuffs on both pair as shown below but nothing major.

What do you guys think?  Suggestions?  

IMG_0659.jpeg

IMG_0638 (1).jpeg

IMG_0642.jpeg

unnamed.jpg

Just depends on how much they are asking, and how flexible they might be on the price.....and how far they are from you.  would also be nice to see the labels.

32 minutes ago, Skichuck77 said:

Am I the only one that noticed the mid drivers aren’t the same? A point for a offering a lower price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good catch.  Although probably irrelevant from a practical point, that does provide negotiating leverage.

• Like 1