Sub recommendation

Xgujkbgrfgnbvff

27 minutes ago, Xgujkbgrfgnbvff said:

Forgive my utter ignorance on the matter as I'm a complete newb, but given it's a mixed bag already I'm surprised it matters so much? Would i really be ill-advised to mix it further?

Why don't you give us room dimensions including ceiling height and photos size and specs of those speakers and if the Crown amp is capable of an RCA line out to a sub. This information may well help here in a decision of which subwoofer and the size of same.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Tv and existing speaker position indicated on dimensions drawing.

I've considered eventually adding another pair of speakers in the same position on the opposite wall...but who knows when/if. I might also like to take the equipment out into the field at most once a year for an annual party. This may also never happen.

Lastly, I'd like to locate the sub below the tv on a shelf next to a four post wall mounted equipment rack I'm going to fabricate to hold the amp, equalizer and other equipment.

Plz lmk if I've failed to answer a question adequately.  :)

20200517_162506.jpg

Screenshot_20200517-165838_Drive.jpg

20200517_172131.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 5/29/2020 at 12:11 AM, Xgujkbgrfgnbvff said:

Any recommendations?

On 5/29/2020 at 5:49 AM, willland said:

Either of these should do the trick.

https://www.svsound.com/collections/1000-series

Bill

39 minutes ago, Xgujkbgrfgnbvff said:

Hmm, was kinda hoping for more feedback, what with all the input...

Have you narrowed down your sub purchase to a few brands/models?

Bill

So, your speakers are 20+ years old,right?  Nothing wrong with old speakers, they can work awesome.

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/products/bose_speakers_support/bose_stereo_support/4_2_series2.html

Your amp is not a "top shelf" one (power wise) - by today's standards, but may work well for your usage.

The room you show is pretty big. I don't think you want to over-power your speakers with bass, especially in stereo. No HT in there?

My advice...Buy a cheap'ish sub. Don't over pay. Don't buy Klipsch. A few hundred $$ should be more than enough.....