Hershey Almond Nuggets, Popcorn and....

Coytee

I suppose someone hit the jackpot today.

Went to grocery...got various items.  Among them was their LAST bag of Hershey Almond nuggets....  so grabbed those, grabbed a box of popcorn (which I don't make often)...

Got home, dragged everything into the house and it seems I left the chocolate and popcorn there.

About 15 miles away so I'll write it off and hope someone enjoys them.

I DID  however, get out with a package of kitchen paper towels and a package of TP so I still won in the end.

I was amazed at how thin that isle has continued to be.  Was hardly any stock and in fact, the fella was putting it out as I happened by.

I'll miss them almonds.

Went to Wal Mart on Monday. They had TP! So I grabbed the biggest package I could find and headed for the checkout.

When I got home, I discovered that it was a package of paper towels. Somebody had put a package of paper towels on the toilet paper shelf, and I had been in too big a hurry to notice.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I started stocking up on comfort food in February thinking there could be shortages. Went through Valentines Day, my wife’s birthday, and Easter without seeing any shortages of treats on the grocery store shelves.  The rarest thing to find though is baking yeast - should’ve gone long on that commodity when I could’ve. 

Looks good!

I've been making ( like I always do so nothing has changed) the sour cream coffee cake who's recipe I stole from my mother decades ago.

I did notice other day while in the baking isle, they were completely out of vanilla extract which it uses.

I don't  use imitation.  The stuff I usually use is near obscenely expensive.  Though I don't remember, I want to say $20/30 for the bottle but it's supposely pure extract and not an imitation plus it's a larger bottle.

Not a drop of any vanilla to be found, none, zilch nada because beautiful wives like yours are doing more baking!!!

(did I just call you a Vanilla horder??!!!!)

"Hey bud....can you spare me a quarter teaspoon??"

9 hours ago, Edgar said:

Went to Wal Mart on Monday. They had TP! So I grabbed the biggest package I could find and headed for the checkout.

When I got home, I discovered that it was a package of paper towels. Somebody had put a package of paper towels on the toilet paper shelf, and I had been in too big a hurry to notice.

Well, the bright side is "it IS the quicker picker upper"....  You can dash in and back out in no time flat now.  So there's that.

3 hours ago, Coytee said:

Well, the bright side is "it IS the quicker picker upper"....  

In the context of toilet paper, "picking up" is not something that I want to consider!

Went to Target the next day. Stood in line at 08:00, waiting for the store to open. Every single person in line headed straight to the paper products aisle. The good news is that I got my Charmin. The entire stock was depleted within a few minutes.

2 minutes ago, Coytee said:

Just make sure after  you use it that you remember Mr. Whipple and don't squeeze it.

Alas, poor Mr. Whipple. I heard that when he died, they didn't bury him ... they flushed him.

Years ago....wife & I flew to San Diego to pack her sister up and drive her back across the country and bring her home.

While there, spent a day in Tiajuana....I barked a bit at the wife as she picked up what was a near quart of Vanilla and paid $8.00 for it.

I remember mumbling something like 'I can't believe I'm flying all the way to Mexico to go grocery shopping'  or something inconsiderate like that to her....  That stuff probably lasted me 10 years and really, only finished it up a year or two ago.

I wonder if it's time to go shopping in Mexico again