Okay so this is my first post here - I have gone into the rabbit hole, and can't seem to find my way back up!

I have a 13' W X 28'L X 7'H room that I am doing a 7.2.4 System in

First row is 9.6' Feet from the TV and the second Row is 12.6' from the TV

I am looking at the RP8000F's for the towers (unless trump sends me more money then I will go with the RF 7 III's!) and the RP504C for the center Channel (Again please Mr Trump send me more money so I can get the RF 64 III Center)

Surrounds are either R-5600-S II , R-5800-S-W II or Pro-180RPW (I have cutouts for the Surrounds at 9.6' cause lets be honest that's the row I will be sitting in - so all Atmos / in-ceiling was calculated on this viewing distance)

Atmos is either (4) CDT-5800-C II or the Pro-180 RPC's

and because I don't have a good location for Rear towers or book shelves I was thinking of either the CDT-5800C II or the PRO-18RPC LCR's in Ceiling  I have tried to future proof as well with the eventual addition of a mid or Center Rears and Atmos - so I guess that would be a 8.2.6? and or additional Surrounds (making it a 10.2.6?)  

Just not sure if the upgrade to the Pro's is worth it for the Atmos? - Also the  Pro's don't seem to have adjustable Tweeter, and Woofer Angle? (And I am not really in love with the Look of the Pro's in ceilings without the grills - but the cinematic sound is more important)

and the Subs will be SPL-120 or 150's (hey there is a sale going on!)

This will all be powered with a Marantz SR8012

And an Emotiva XPA GEN3 Six-0 to power /bi-amp the fronts (and future ready for the RF7 III's and RF64 III's)

*And my wife already complains when I have just my iPhone playing in the basement, so this will ensure I can't hear her :) but I am sure she will love watching movies there

9 hours ago, StrongSilent said:

additional Surrounds (making it a 10.2.6?)

Yikes, are you sure you want to go that far? I personally think 7.2.4 is more than enough, and I'd rather use the extra budget for RF7's... 😉

9 hours ago, StrongSilent said:

Just not sure if the upgrade to the Pro's is worth it for the Atmos? - Also the  Pro's don't seem to have adjustable Tweeter, and Woofer Angle? (And I am not really in love with the Look of the Pro's in ceilings without the grills - but the cinematic sound is more important)

I haven't heard the CDT's, but I do have the Pro's in my ceiling for my Atmos speakers, and they are awesome. The Tweeter and Woofer Angle's are not adjustable on the Pro's, but this isn't an issue for Atmos speakers in my opinion, at least not in my room. There's probably a good reason Klipsch decided to drop the adjustable tweeter feature with the newer PRO's. 

And yes, you probably will want to keep the grills on if you go with the PRO's... 🙂

Ceiling-Cloud-1.thumb.jpg.d578555446f3e4d11c409f4d5c6cd651.jpg

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, inMotionGraphics said:

Yikes, are you sure you want to go that far? I personally think 7.2.4 is more than enough, and I'd rather use the extra budget for RF7's... 😉

I haven't heard the CDT's, but I do have the Pro's in my ceiling for my Atmos speakers, and they are awesome. The Tweeter and Woofer Angle's are not adjustable on the Pro's, but this isn't an issue for Atmos speakers in my opinion, at least not in my room. There's probably a good reason Klipsch decided to drop the adjustable tweeter feature with the newer PRO's. 

And yes, you probably will want to keep the grills on if you go with the PRO's... 🙂

Ceiling-Cloud-1.thumb.jpg.d578555446f3e4d11c409f4d5c6cd651.jpg

That is one beautiful soffit.