College Football 2020

EmilC

Go Bucks and Gooo ND.  Who knows, rumors of covid surfaced Thursday but have to see who gets off the bus in Indy.  O-line is back from their round of covid so that's a good thing.  Down side?  The only name I heard as a possible positive Saturday is Olave, who is a great wide receiver.  If that's the case then Fields and the rest of the receivers might have it too and the second string QB and receivers.  Who knows?  Northwestern will play tough today.

Clemson and ND?  Sorry John but could be saving the best game for last depending on final positioning.  ND is getting points and they're gonna need them but they're gonna have to grab the W to beat Clemson.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Cancelled AGAIN.  For the second time this season the MSU vs Maryland game is cancelled due to Covid issues at Maryland.  I didn’t know turtles could be infected.

Thinking they cancelled early on w/OSU due to covid.  Just keep them as safe as you can since EVERY one has to have the NCAA.  It's right up there with milk, bread and toilet paper yanno!  They should have just cancelled or delayed the season imo.  It's about health not the NFL draft.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Clemson and ND?  Sorry John but could be saving the best game for last depending on final positioning.  ND is getting points and they're gonna need them but they're gonna have to grab the W to beat Clemson.  

Grab What!!! Immediately thought of Wilkins three years ago.

He messed up a couple of defenders grabbing something that had `em scairt after that :lol:

• Haha 1

Yep apparently they thought they had a shot when we got the leaders of both sides of the ball back!! Hate it for you Turner, wth were you thinking? or Wth weren't you thinking?

* one more game to get my fill of this strange football without fans

Bama up next/now

Edited by JohnJ
  • Haha 1

One more year there will be controversy surrounding who doesn't get a shot, number of games played.  In the end it will be another Clemson/Bama championship and that's not necessarily a bad thing.  Would love to see Cincinnati get a shot at one of the top teams, but that's not going to happen.  Would have been the perfect year to try expanding it to 8 teams.    

• Like 2

Florida played a pretty tough game last night. Hadn't seen them at all (not like living down there and that's all you get) but they made it a game!

Now I'm wondering what it will be like if Jimbo Fisher gets his way, he's the only one that made a good point to me about getting in. 

Anything goes! 

it's still 2020:dry:

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Florida played a pretty tough game last night. Hadn't seen them at all (not like living down there and that's all you get) but they made it a game!

Now I'm wondering what it will be like if Jimbo Fisher gets his way, he's the only one that made a good point to me about getting in. 

Anything goes! 

it's still 2020:dry:

They did.  I wish that the Clemson game would have been a better showing by the Irish, but Clemson looked much better prepared.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Pete H said:

They did.  I wish that the Clemson game would have been a better showing by the Irish, but Clemson looked much better prepared.  

Funny!

Those Irish met more of Clemson this time (1st stringers) and that's all they could do!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

The road to South Beach goes through Clemson in the Sugar Bowl !!!!

As much as I dislike Brian Kelly, I can’t disagree with ND as one of the 4 CFP selections.  As to the Buckeyes, while I understand the criticism of selecting a 6-0 team, they are, IMO, one of the four best teams.  Had COVID not intervened, they would still be undefeated.

I wish each team good health and freedom from COVID.  May the best team win.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

I can’t disagree with ND as one of the 4 CFP selections

They just got their butts handed to them yesterday, didn't they? Should be somebody else, but it is ND which for the last several years seems to be over ranked and underachieving. I suspect this semifinal game amounts to yet another walk in the park for Bama to the title game. Not that they need one.

• Thanks 1

ND does not deserve to be in the playoff.  They got their azzes handed to them yesterday, and it was obvious they couldn't hang with the much, much better Clemson team.  They are only there because of potential viewership and therefore advertising money.  I ask you, who would have wanted to watch Texas A+M versus Alabama?  There will be a lot of TV sets changing channels at halftime of the semi-final when Alabama is up 31-0......

• Like 4

7 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

ND does not deserve to be in the playoff.  They got their azzes handed to them yesterday, and it was obvious they couldn't hang with the much, much better Clemson team.  They are only there because of potential viewership and therefore advertising money.  I ask you, who would have wanted to watch Texas A+M versus Alabama?  There will be a lot of TV sets changing channels at halftime of the semi-final when Alabama is up 31-0......

After the top 3 teams, ND is the best of the rest. Kelly and Swinney both said they didn't think it was fair to let Ohio St in.

• Haha 1

Like I said before.

Doesn't matter who wins this year this year is off-kilter. The cfp being full of it (bias that is) like it is, changing the rules after the cards have been dealt... like playing cards with cousins?

Permanent Asterisk to go with the trophy * 

• Like 1