College Football 2020

EmilC

6 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Like I said before.

Doesn't matter who wins this year this year is off-kilter. The cfp being full of it (bias that is) like it is, changing the rules after the cards have been dealt... like playing cards with cousins?

Permanent Asterisk to go with the trophy * 

I don't think there needs to be an asterisk next to this years winner. 

No asterisk needed.. As far as OSU getting into the playoffs the NCAA made the decision in conjunction w/the B1G.  The late start for the B1G, covid cancellations and the NCAA wanting a B1G team in the hunt were the factors along w/5-6 wins.  "It is what it is," seems to be the motto for 2020.  Monday's coaches poll tells the story with the exception of Dabo's voting OSU 11th.  hahaha  Ballers ball and that's what all teams want to do.  Covid could take any of the final four right outta the playoffs in a heartbeat.  It'll all sort hopefully and we can get them all on the field.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Dabo just gave the Buckeys even more motivation.

:lol:

& they will need it

the Tigers own them in the post-season 4-0

Even if Clemson wins it all again there will be an asterisk there. If I'm not hard-core physically anymore I still am at heart. Yea I really use a three letter after that hyphen but the mods need a break today after the hatred spewed in the CC&C thread `cause someone dared to speak truth.

• Haha 1

Heard yesterday that "someone" took a video of Coach Day going ballistic in the locker room after the NW game.  One or Two profanities, which prolly means an entire string of them and doing some trash talkin about Dabo and Clemson.  Although my buddy hadn't seen the video he said it existed and was spreading on social media.  Perhaps that's why Dabo voted them 11?  If it really exists someone in the "Brotherhood" is in totally deep doo doo.  I'd tend to believe it was an outsider that got into the locker room and was laying low taping it all.  They'll get to the bottom of it IF it really happened.  Time will tell.  Jimmy Olsen cub-reporter signing out!  :) 

• Haha 3

A Big 12 crew will officiate the CFB Playoff semifinal game in the Sugar Bowl between Clemson and Ohio State. This may be of some interest, especially after the controversial field calls and replay calls made by an SEC crew in last year’s Fiesta Bowl, which Clemson won 29-23.

Big Ten officials will officiate the Rose Bowl in Arlington Texas, between Alabama and Notre Dame and a Big 12 crew also will call the national championship game on Jan. 11 at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami.  Bingo!

• Like 2

Laugh while you can bud. It's going to be a good one!

Way I understood it I was at a Sugar Bowl once, in `64 or `65. They said there was a dirty diaper in every trash can along the highway all the way through LA & MS coming back to the Carolinas. & that it snowed on them down there at the game!

• Haha 1

I've only been to one college game in my life, well only one D1 game.  It was USC vs Hawaii in the LA coliseum. Pete Carroll, Reggie Bush, and Matt Leinert.   Never was interested in college ball; but a friend had season tickets and invited me to go along for that game. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I've only been to one college game in my life, well only one D1 game.  It was USC vs Hawaii in the LA coliseum. Pete Carroll, Reggie Bush, and Matt Leinert.   Never was interested in college ball; but a friend had season tickets and invited me to go along for that game. 

College games are WAY more intense than pro games, you can feel the buzz. Watched USC at ND decades ago....that was probably the most intense game I've ever been to. Always wanted to go to a USC home game, does the trojan soldier still ride around inside the stadium on the white Arabian horse?

2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

College games are WAY more intense than pro games, you can feel the buzz. Watched USC at ND decades ago....that was probably the most intense game I've ever been to. Always wanted to go to a USC home game, does the trojan soldier still ride around inside the stadium on the white Arabian horse?

Honestly i dont remember. 

Hahaha ESPN reported tonight Justin Fields finished 7th in the Heisman voting today.  hahahaha  Didn't play enough games w/the covid bans entering into the picture according to ESPN.  Bet he goes quicker than most think. We'll wait and see.   Kirk Herbstreet's son is also "preferred" walk on next fall @ OSU.   :)  

• Like 2