College Football 2020

EmilC

Well I thought I had seen it all, but during the Miami versus Oklahoma State game tonight a player was actually permitted to opt out of playing the rest of the game at halftime.  Called a “player decision“ and he is allowed to remain on the sideline joking and laughing…

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Well I thought I had seen it all, but during the Miami versus Oklahoma State game tonight a player was actually permitted to opt out of playing the rest of the game at halftime.  Called a “player decision“ and he is allowed to remain on the sideline joking and laughing…

Simple - it Is 2020 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, oldtimer said:

The best part is that OSU won.  Does anyone in the country really like Miami?

Nope but we loved Dan Morgan #55 around here a while back!

& I will not burn his jersey either!

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

It's tangy like miracle whip but honest like mayonnaise.  I like it OK, Hellmans has that deep rich taste which I also love.

Simple.. no sugar allowed, it's real mayo! Never bought another brand...even found a place I could get it in FL. But it's close to $4.00 a quart here for the past couple years. Buy smaller jars and an extra one if I make potato salad when family comes up.

5 hours ago, richieb said:

To honor the Wisconsin-Wake Forest “Duke’s Mayo Bowl” football game, I went and bought a bottle. But first and foremost to honor our resident southern Gentlemen, a Mr. Tarheel. Hope Duke’s lives up to its reputation - 

I had a sandwich…

• Haha 1

On 12/30/2020 at 3:46 PM, richieb said:

honor our resident southern Gentlemen, a Mr. Tarheel. Hope Duke’s lives up to its reputation - 

Chuck @Tarheel can speak for himself, but, as an alumnus of UNC, I doubt he has much affection for Duke, but I’ve been wrong before.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Chuck @Tarheel can speak for himself, but, as an alumnus of UNC, I doubt he has much affection for Duke, but I’ve been wrong before.

I see what you did there, I think. The ‘Heel is always praising Dukes Mayo, the bowl game sponsor. The other Duke, you’re right, maybe not so much - . But hey, it is a new year, finally. He may cozy up to Duke U and Hellman’s — 

10 minutes ago, richieb said:

I see what you did there, I think. The ‘Heel is always praising Dukes Mayo, the bowl game sponsor. The other Duke, you’re right, maybe not so much - . But hey, it is a new year, finally. He may cozy up to Duke U and Hellman’s — 

Ah, now I see why “Duke’s” was possessive.  I was not aware of the mayo connection.  Is Chuck @Tarheel to mayonnaise, as Steve @BigStewMan is to ketchup?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Ah, now I see why “Duke’s” was possessive.  I was not aware of the mayo connection.  Is Chuck @Tarheel to mayonnaise, as Steve @BigStewMan is to ketchup?

I don’t think Chuck carry’s Duke’s pompoms but his enthusiasm pales in comparison to BSM’s to Heinz Ketchup. With Chuck it’s a condiment, with BSM it’s a religion - 🙏 My opinion(s) of course. Year 2021 may see this change - 

• Like 2

The folks `round here that did not move here from somewhere else are the same about the Duke's vs miracle whip or hellman's as we are about the type of pork bbq. Desserts and ice tea have sugar, other food doesn't usually.             The Crimson Tide is rolling along. Think the tigers will own OSU 5-0 after the Sugar Bowl.