College Football 2020

EmilC

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

@Pete H Hi Pete ... hope you are well.   How is the bourbon flowing in Ohio?  Carl recently teased me with photos of his vast collection. Hope you and your family are staying safe and may 2021 be more enjoyable for us all. 

Doing fine, recovering from shoulder surgery and things are busy.  As for bourbon, none of us seem to have the access to bourbon that Carl does, but I have a few bottles of Taylor set back and Mr. bourbon has assisted in finding some good selections that are readily available and don't break the bank.  I hope 2021 is better for all as well, and that we can have another audio gathering and you can attend.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pete H said:

Doing fine, recovering from shoulder surgery and things are busy.  As for bourbon, none of us seem to have the access to bourbon that Carl does, but I have a few bottles of Taylor set back and Mr. bourbon has assisted in finding some good selections that are readily available and don't break the bank.  I hope 2021 is better for all as well, and that we can have another audio gathering and you can attend.

I hope one day we'll meet and dinner is on me for sure. 

If you have some Taylor on hand you're all set -- that is my favorite. I don't have access to the stuff that Carl gets, I live in a liquor controlled state so options are limited. they claim it keeps the cost down; but Carl tells me of prices in Texas that are even lower than I get in the Pacific Northwest. Fortunately Colonel Taylor is one that I've found many times and I think the stuff is top notch. 

After trying to walk across the street (back in 2009) and getting hit by a truck, I couldn't lift my arm above my waist for a year (without pain). I finally relented and agreed to shoulder surgery. About five days before surgery, I had a bad Asthma attack and was given Prednisone. Suddenly, I could lift my arm above my head without pain. I cancelled the surgery. A year of inflammation suddenly gone! Hope your recovery is swift and complete. 

Steve

• Thanks 1

The Detroit Free Press is reporting the U of M has offered Jim Harbaugh a contract extension, but he’s waiting to see if he can land one of the soon to be available NFL positions.

http://detroitnews.mi.newsmemory.com/?publink=0e79a704f

IMO, it would be better for Harbaugh and the Wolverines if he returned to NFL.  The university and he would then avoid the embarrassment of him being fired.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Pete H said:

Don't need enlightened, I watched the game and though you may have seen it as all the things Clemson did wrong, I'm not sure anyone but a Clemson fan would have seen it that way versus the reality of OSU playing the best game they've played all year and possibly, in the last decade.  You must not really watch OSU, and while I'm not an OSU or Clemson fan, I watched the majority of their games as well.  Curious as to how others viewed the game because it seems like we watched 2 different ones.  

I hear you.

Only thing good I saw about the game was that Sermon did not gash us badly like the team that he ran over last... did watch that one while texting back and forth with a bud up there in OH!

The Detroit Free Press is reporting the U of M has offered Jim Harbaugh a contract extension, but he’s waiting to see if he can land one of the soon to be available NFL positions.

@DizRotus

They're not saying yet what the offer is for. Think they low balled him to get him to want to leave?

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

They're not saying yet what the offer is for. Think they low balled him to get him to want to leave?

That’s a distinct possibility.  Most of my Wolverine friends are ready for a change.  As we all age, it becomes harder for them to recall the glory days. During the Harbaugh regime, no trips to CFP,  no B1G Championships at Indy, no victories against Buckeyes, and only 3-3 against Sparty.  That’s not what they want, and who can blame them?

I think he’s gone, but then again, my crystal ball is in the shop getting re-capped.

• Haha 1

Some of you seem to forget that Coach Harbaugh was saddled with Brady Hoke recruits for the first 3 years.  A coaching merry-go-round is counter productive in more ways than one.  Harbaugh should stay.  Michigan man.  Captain Comeback.  Go Blue.

@JohnJ have you checked the stats on ET?  OSU closed him out w/I believe under 50 yards?  Heat all night on Lawrence?  Was it a bad night for him or has Clemson even played anyone this year?  Dabo w/the 11th ranked comment.  Revenge from the stolen game last year?  At least the coin flipped in the opening toss this year.  The strip that cost us a TD?  ALL of that came into play.  Not to mention the D coach couldn't figure out how to read us until late in the game.  He got skooled cause last year it worked.  

Now we're +7 against Bama?  Going to be interesting since there's no love lost between the two teams.  The OSU win over Clemson a fluke?  Ya ain't seen nuttin yet.  The only thing that worries me is Covid.   :)

blue is going to play out the extension option for Harbs to go back into the NFL.  It will be MUCH cheaper for the Uni if he goes rather than they fire him or renew his extension.  He gets fired he's still makin money not doing anything thanks to his contract, which was insane from the get-go!  I hope he stays!  😂

Best new info?  Urb's going to be the new Coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars who should also have the #1 draft pick taking Trevor from Clemson.  They seem to want a team now but they're gonna pay dearly for Urb.  Rumors are flying from Florida friends in his "inner-circle" but I won't put much stock in it.  I know what I was told and I don't think "she's" going to let it happen.  It could happen though cause that was a year ago and he could be feeling better.  Time will tell.

The Buckeyes are going to South Beach!  

• Like 1

Don't give a rats-#^^ about the hate USA league! But next year at Clemson the best info is the #4 offensive tackle Tristan Leigh!

I'll say it again our o-line didn't have it this year, add that to Etienne not doing good for his stock value at all and ya get what ya get!

Yes they are, Watch-Out for the TIDE!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Let me introduce you to Devanta Smith. This guys is unreal. Propabably gonna take the Heisman tonight.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4241478/devonta-smith

He might. This is the best Heisman class I've seen in years. Probably won't go to Jones, but the other three are all close. Trask has some very impressive stats. It will be interesting to see how these QBs do in the NFL. Tomorrow night!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JL Sargent said:

Let me introduce you to Devanta Smith. This guys is unreal. Probably gonna take the Heisman tonight.

Smith is a great running back and Bama is Bama.  Nick WILL have them ready and they'll be in the  game for sure.  It's going to be a battle.  There's no denying that. 

We had 16 that didn't make the trip due to the B1G Covid protocol policy, which included two additional tests that Clemson didn't have to take.  They were cleared Wednesday and Bama will also be cleared while we'll have the 2 additional tests. We lost Harry Miller (6'4, 315# O-lineman) both starting DE's and Teague from the backfield against Clemson.  Smith likes to break on the corners so we should be able to slow that down.  Don't get me wrong he's a great back but he's only one guy.  Sure they can throw the ball too.  It's ALL gonna shake out in the end.  

OSU is on a search and destroy mission after last year.  Fields HAS to live in a bubble this week so he's Covid free.  That's the thing.  He's out, it's the next man up who's also darn good.  It's ALL about timing/placement on those passes and ya'll saw it.  They'll all be ready.  Gonna be a ball game and something will shake out.

Just my .02 worth.

38 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

We lost Harry Miller (6'4, 315# O-lineman) both starting DE's and Teague from the backfield against Clemson.

I did not know that and hate to hear it. We are all so sick of Covid. Really want both teams to have everybody and to be at their best for the game. Devante is Bama's wide receiver that has 20 TDs this year. Nagee Harris is the running back that also has 20 TDs and was 5th I think in Heisman voting.

8 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

I did not know that and hate to hear it. We are all so sick of Covid. Really want both teams to have everybody and to be at their best for the game. Devante is Bama's wide receiver that has 20 TDs this year. Nagee Harris is the running back that also has 20 TDs and was 5th I think in Heisman voting.

I've always hated to see any player get hurt or miss a game, even the opposing team, even when it could help my team. 

• Like 1

Gotcha, I've seen Smith in the highlights then.  He's good.  Haven't watched much of Bama this year but I think we can both agree it's going to be a ball game.  Sure we both want to see our teams win that's what makes college ball great.  The athletes, the rivalry and the post season play for braggin rights.  It's a lot of fun, yet it's just a game.  Someone wins and someone loses.  

21 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I've always hated to see any player get hurt or miss a game, even the opposing team, even when it could help my team. 

Amen to that comment.  I've seen soooo many nasty injuries shooting at all levels in ALL sports.  Auto-racing, NFL, college, high-school and even kids playing t-ball.  I've always just said a prayer that they'd fully recover.  I have my stories but won't go there.  ALL you can do is say a prayer.  Gee, the newbie, is all outta likes already.  haahaha

Edited by Dave1291
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Urban to Jacksonville update?  Reported he wants $12M per year and is looking at coaches.  His wife told me no two years ago but perhaps he's convinced her or found a way to control his condition.  Odds on Harb's becoming an assistant???  :)

Well, he no longer has to deal with recruiting.

That must be one big headache but then again, its Ohio State. The recruits come to him.