College Football 2020

EmilC

@JL Sargent picked that up on the AP sports wire this afternoon so waited to say anything more until I watched Sports here @6.  There was nothing mentioned about an "entire" position group but OSU doesn't release anything until a couple hours before the game.  The only other way you can find out who's not going is to take attendance when the busses load for the airport.  lol  Better be quick for that one.  :)  Gene Smith the AD did make a statement and said there were some covid issues but the game was still on for Jan 11th as of now.  The B1G's covid policy is 17 days but that will be lowered cause they want the TV money and a shot at a Natty.  If Fields and the backfield have it we're in deep do do.  How they got it we'll never know but I'm sure Dabo's boys will volunteer to play Bama.  hahaha  Let's see...  Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday with today being Tuesday...  5 days...  Amazing  :)  Jimmy Olsen signing out!

Edited by Dave1291

11 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I have a feeling Smith will do well in the NFL.

Consider this: The 2017 Freshman class at Alabama has had 5 Heisman vote getters:

1. Devanta Smith 2020 winner

2. Tua Tagovailoa 2019 runner up

3. Mack Jones      2020

5  Nagee Harris    2020

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JL Sargent said:

Consider this: The 2017 Freshman class at Alabama has had 5 Heisman vote getters:

1. Devanta Smith 2020 winner

2. Tua Tagovailoa 2019 runner up

3. Mack Jones      2020

5  Nagee Harris    2020

Yea that's pretty impressive. I doubt that has ever happened before and may never happen again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Bill @Ceptorman you playing that Les Paul lately?  been enjoying playing my Taylor but something I've been working on will sound better on the Strat, so I may have to venture into the vault to get out the Strat and let it breathe.

I wish I played any guitar more than I do. I probably play an acoustic more just because it's so much easier to pick it up and play. I usually play the LP in the living room while listening to 2 channel music, then it all has to go away when the wife and kid gets home. Lugging around a Marshall amp that's probably 50 lbs. I'm still experimenting with this setup, finding more sounds with the split coil pickups and all the adjustability of the LP, along with a bunch of options on the amp. "If you're not listening to Gibson and Marshall, you're a wanker"....40 watts of tube power can get lively.

What are you working on?  I always wanted a nicer acoustic.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Steve, it would be ok to start a guitar thread or PM Bill ya know.😆

Now lets try to figure out if Justin Fields will even try to go deep on Sartain II Monday night.

Sorry.....if OSU plays like they did last week, we will have one helluva game. There's a lot on Fields' shoulders, if he has a great game, they can win it. I think most of the pressure is on OSU's defense. When Bama's offense is clicking, they would give some pro teams a run.

5 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Has he won a single big game?

Yes, in his first season, Michigan beat #19 Florida 41-7 in the 2016 Citrus Bowl.  It’s been downhill ever since.  Four straight bowl game losses, no victories over Ohio State, and going 3-3 against Michigan State is not going to satisfy Michigan fans.  Even including three victories over the Spartans as “Big games” creates a dilemma for the Wolverines.  On the one hand, they do not want to elevate the status of MSU by describing those as “Big” games.  On the other hand, how do they explain a 3-3 record against “little brother?”