College Football 2020

EmilC

Wellllll, the Browns won somehow but this game tonight is going to be something else.  Covid hit hard and so far we've lost 2 starting D linemen and 1 starting LB that I know of.  Guess it's next man up and we're going to be in a fight all night in the trenches.  THAT we can do but a LOT of great plays are going to have to happen for us.  Bama's loaded but...  On any given day.   

• Like 2

Gonna be a snot buster tonight!

Oh wait, it's not Sunday afternoon at the jr high with everyone else 30 lbs bigger than me. They've got pads and helmets!

If I didn't catch it and run freakin fast it always hurt. Think they liked slamming me and turning my blue jeans green. At least an ambulance was never called for my sake, whew!

• Haha 2

Bama is tough that's for sure.  Lots of talent everywhere.  13 out w/Covid, 2 of our best D linemen, an offensive guard, two kickers and then the sky fell in.  Lost Sermon early w/a broken collarbone and Fields has been playing hurt since he took that 1st quarter hit.  All that and the fact Bama is loaded.  Bama is good and they're playing at the next level.  That's what Saban teaches.  Every gain lies in the perfection of their execution.  Tonight they shined and we didn't.  Bama will lose quite a few to the NFL this year I'm sure. 

“There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”
-- Woody Hayes

• Like 2

I like that DeVante Smith.  Fantastic talent and well spoken young man.  I don't follow Alabama football so I didn't even know until the game was on that he was the Heisman Trophy winner. 

Fortunately the announcers made sure we knew by telling us every time he touched the ball. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Best thing for the osu fans is that they did not go 0-5 in the postseason against Clemson this year. In other words they got one step closer!

Bama looked good again although I have to back it up and replay half the third on `cause I fell asleep. Jalen Waddle, wow good effort! Hope you can get used to that new ankle and get rich in the nfl.

`09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 20 That is a strong run!

Although it was not as bad as watching LSU methodically chew up every team up last year. Grinding, churning, converting, scoring with the almost exact same tempo the whole hour.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, EmilC said:

What could have been 😀

And may be some day.................when they get a coach that can recruit and actually put together a solid staff.  Obviously, I'm not a Franklin fan and haven't been since day one.  6 years and the time for excuses is over.  IMHO

Bama, what can you say but awesome.  Listening to his players, they get really love Nick and his coaching, and all of them, buy into that program 100%, but someone needs to teach 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2021 at 10:49 PM, Dave1291 said:

Bama will lose quite a few to the NFL this year I'm sure. 

A lot of players and coaches as it turns out. Interesting that Saban added 2 just fired NFL head coaches to his stall in the last week or so. All this turnover, all these changes, yet Alabama is preseason #1 for next year. :) The man has built an empire.

Nick and Urban?  They have just a bit of history btwn them yanno.  hahaha  Research that one in your spare time and you'll see an even bigger picture.  They're both alike.  No love lost w/OSU either since Nick was an assistant under Earle Bruce til Bruce fired him.  hahaha  OSU just lost Greg Mattison their Co-D coordinator to retirement and Urban poached prolly one of the best player personnel dudes in the country but said he's not touching anyone else.  Coach Day has that part under control but is more concerned with portal transfers and the recruiting class of 2021, which is LOADED already.  2022 is also loaded w/a couple guys who should have a definite impact.  Fields is gone along w/Sermon, linebacker, few linemen and our DE's.  We're covered but looking at LB's and D-backs for the most part.  Ex NFL coaches are a lot like EX wives.  That's why they're EX's.  Not worried about Nick @ all.  Rumors now the AD Gene Smith is talked about as becoming the PAC-12 commish.  IMO that's a good thing.  They can have him.  He's more about making money for the college at the players/fans expense, which sucks cause it's NOT the NFL like he thinks it is.  Uni's listen though and want that cause it's all about the money.  Off season now and to be quite honest with Covid?  Not much of a sport season at all.