Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
EmilC

College Football 2020

Recommended Posts

Go Bucks and Gooo ND.  Who knows, rumors of covid surfaced Thursday but have to see who gets off the bus in Indy.  O-line is back from their round of covid so that's a good thing.  Down side?  The only name I heard as a possible positive Saturday is Olave, who is a great wide receiver.  If that's the case then Fields and the rest of the receivers might have it too and the second string QB and receivers.  Who knows?  Northwestern will play tough today.

 

Clemson and ND?  Sorry John but could be saving the best game for last depending on final positioning.  ND is getting points and they're gonna need them but they're gonna have to grab the W to beat Clemson.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cancelled AGAIN.  For the second time this season the MSU vs Maryland game is cancelled due to Covid issues at Maryland.  I didn’t know turtles could be infected.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Cancelled AGAIN.  For the second time this season the MSU vs Maryland game is cancelled due to Covid issues at Maryland.  I didn’t know turtles could be infected.

Thinking they cancelled early on w/OSU due to covid.  Just keep them as safe as you can since EVERY one has to have the NCAA.  It's right up there with milk, bread and toilet paper yanno!  They should have just cancelled or delayed the season imo.  It's about health not the NFL draft.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Clemson and ND?  Sorry John but could be saving the best game for last depending on final positioning.  ND is getting points and they're gonna need them but they're gonna have to grab the W to beat Clemson.  

Grab What!!! Immediately thought of Wilkins three years ago.

He messed up a couple of defenders grabbing something that had `em scairt after that :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep apparently they thought they had a shot when we got the leaders of both sides of the ball back!! Hate it for you Turner, wth were you thinking? or Wth weren't you thinking?

 

* one more game to get my fill of this strange football without fans

Bama up next/now

Edited by JohnJ
*
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice effort by The Nerds but was only a matter of time.

 

Go Bucks!

( I just threw up in my mouth)😄

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One more year there will be controversy surrounding who doesn't get a shot, number of games played.  In the end it will be another Clemson/Bama championship and that's not necessarily a bad thing.  Would love to see Cincinnati get a shot at one of the top teams, but that's not going to happen.  Would have been the perfect year to try expanding it to 8 teams.    

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Florida played a pretty tough game last night. Hadn't seen them at all (not like living down there and that's all you get) but they made it a game!

Now I'm wondering what it will be like if Jimbo Fisher gets his way, he's the only one that made a good point to me about getting in. 

Anything goes! 

 

it's still 2020:dry:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Florida played a pretty tough game last night. Hadn't seen them at all (not like living down there and that's all you get) but they made it a game!

Now I'm wondering what it will be like if Jimbo Fisher gets his way, he's the only one that made a good point to me about getting in. 

Anything goes! 

 

it's still 2020:dry:

They did.  I wish that the Clemson game would have been a better showing by the Irish, but Clemson looked much better prepared.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Pete H said:

They did.  I wish that the Clemson game would have been a better showing by the Irish, but Clemson looked much better prepared.  

Funny!

Those Irish met more of Clemson this time (1st stringers) and that's all they could do!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

The road to South Beach goes through Clemson in the Sugar Bowl !!!!

 

As much as I dislike Brian Kelly, I can’t disagree with ND as one of the 4 CFP selections.  As to the Buckeyes, while I understand the criticism of selecting a 6-0 team, they are, IMO, one of the four best teams.  Had COVID not intervened, they would still be undefeated.

 

I wish each team good health and freedom from COVID.  May the best team win.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

The road to South Beach goes through Clemson in the Sugar Bowl !!!!

You recall the results huh?🤔 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

I can’t disagree with ND as one of the 4 CFP selections

They just got their butts handed to them yesterday, didn't they? Should be somebody else, but it is ND which for the last several years seems to be over ranked and underachieving. I suspect this semifinal game amounts to yet another walk in the park for Bama to the title game. Not that they need one.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ND does not deserve to be in the playoff.  They got their azzes handed to them yesterday, and it was obvious they couldn't hang with the much, much better Clemson team.  They are only there because of potential viewership and therefore advertising money.  I ask you, who would have wanted to watch Texas A+M versus Alabama?  There will be a lot of TV sets changing channels at halftime of the semi-final when Alabama is up 31-0......

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

ND does not deserve to be in the playoff.  They got their azzes handed to them yesterday, and it was obvious they couldn't hang with the much, much better Clemson team.  They are only there because of potential viewership and therefore advertising money.  I ask you, who would have wanted to watch Texas A+M versus Alabama?  There will be a lot of TV sets changing channels at halftime of the semi-final when Alabama is up 31-0......

After the top 3 teams, ND is the best of the rest. Kelly and Swinney both said they didn't think it was fair to let Ohio St in.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said before.

 

Doesn't matter who wins this year this year is off-kilter. The cfp being full of it (bias that is) like it is, changing the rules after the cards have been dealt... like playing cards with cousins?

 

Permanent Asterisk to go with the trophy * 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...