CL: KPT-100 ( Gainesville)

billybob

Nice deal. I’ve used that model about 12 years ago, great sound and can handle power , update the crossovers and your in
The brackets are almost worth the asking price. I used mine with Cornwall 1’s and kpt-904’s and kpt-484 subs and was one of my top 5 speaker setups I’ve ever had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

When I was looking for them they were listed at over 150 a pair
And the ones for the kpt100 where not so high, but the ki102 line was the most expensive one at the , over 150 price
And I think Klipsch was closer to 250 or 225 a pair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, billybob said:

Sort of surprised to see this ad still up this am. Figured one of those local hipsters would have snagged these by now. Going a different way but, I considered them. Ad a week old.

Money is tight for a lot of people now.

On 4/25/2020 at 11:05 AM, carlthess40 said:

update the crossovers and your in

Yep.  I did the X mod delete (or whatever it was called) and put titanium diaphragms in the ones I had.  They packed a tremendous punch for their size and were crystal clear.  Ad a sub and they really shine.

• Like 1

Just now, CECAA850 said:

Money is tight for a lot of people now.

Reconsidering...have Heresy at the moment. No place to wall mount but, trying to figure out. Look like they can stand on the floor. Thought these were the ones people did the X- mod. Doesn't sound very difficult.

Just now, billybob said:

Reconsidering...have Heresy at the moment. No place to wall mount but, trying to figure out. Look like they can stand on the floor. Thought these were the ones people did the X- mod. Doesn't sound very difficult.

I had a pair on my back patio for several years and they really surprised people with their big open sound.

The mod is basically adding one wire to each crossover.  I highly recommend switching over to the titanium diaphragms if you have them open modding the crossover.

• Like 1

Just now, CECAA850 said:

I had a pair on my back patio for several years and they really surprised people with their big open sound.

The mod is basically adding one wire to each crossover.  I highly recommend switching over to the titanium diaphragms if you have them open modding the crossover.

Cool, what did the mod do?

Wasn"t it to do with eliminating.X curve?

34 minutes ago, billybob said:

Cool, what did the mod do?

Wasn"t it to do with eliminating.X curve?

The X curve cut the high end of the speaker to around 14,000 Hz if I remember correctly.  Removing it (which is what the mod did) allowed the speakers to go up another 3 or 4K Hz.

Just now, CECAA850 said:

The X curve cut the high end of the speaker to around 14,000 Hz if I remember correctly.  Removing it (which is what the mod did) allowed the speakers to go up another 3 or 4K Hz.

Alright thanks.  left seller a message. Cool

• Like 1

This thread has about spent but, will say this final here:

My fist pair of Pro/Commercial Klipsch.

These stock speakers without any mods is quite something else. Just sitting first pair on floor and listening to Monster CD did it for me. High enough and low enough.

Took my 45 wpc integrated at 3/4 volume and plenty of headroom to spare at around 80 ish db.

Can see where these could easily be used on patio area. Have not knowing heard any Klipsch outdoor speakers but, these sure enough should do the job handily.

Clear and loud as has been said.

Music is sounding good so more testing.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, billybob said:

This thread has about spent but, will say this final here:

My fist pair of Pro/Commercial Klipsch.

These stock speakers without any mods is quite something else. Just sitting first pair on floor and listening to Monster CD did it for me. High enough and low enough.

Took my 45 wpc integrated at 3/4 volume and plenty of headroom to spare at around 80 ish db.

Can see where these could easily be used on patio area. Have not knowing heard any Klipsch outdoor speakers but, these sure enough should do the job handily.

Clear and loud as has been said.

Music is sounding good so more testing.

Thanks!

They definitely punch WAY over their weight class.  Very impressive for their size.  Nice score!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1