CL: KPT-100 ( Gainesville)

billybob

I was using the kpt line 15 years ago and a lot of the guys on the Klipsch fourm said they are no good for home systems, now a lot of you guys are chasing after them. Lol
Look at my Avatar and it shows my Cornwall’s and kpt-484 subs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, carlthess40 said:

I was using the kpt line 15 years ago and a lot of the guys on the Klipsch fourm said they are no good for home systems, now a lot of you guys are chasing after them. Lol

Yes I remember the rap. Also remember your system. Awesome!

• Moderators
7 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

kpt 484 subs with Cornwalls, everyone knows about Cornwall bass. When you add two of those subs which only go down to roughly 40Hz that would add alot of bass where it feels like the most punch.

Instead of going really deep it must add much more to the midbass, kind of like what you feel with live music, that bass that you hear and feel. It can be deceiving and make you think it is going much deeper than it really does. I noticed that when we go to listen to local bands, they have a large midbass sub and just listening you would think it's going a good bit deeper but has that punch.

I say this because most people tend to go with a true sub which mostly just goes deeper than the mains not overlapping very much adding little to the slam part that hits you, kind of a different thing.

• Like 2

I know the specs showed the 484 only went down to 38 or 40hz. But with being in the corners and with a small amount of eq. I would get down to 34hz. And that was more then I needed. I’m not in the class of , ( o man I have to have a 15hz subs ) mine you this was 15 years ago , and now with blue ray movies and all. They are putting a lot more sub sounds in the sound tracks. I think if I still has them, I would be very happy with them and just add a small real sub into the mix. Either way those are great subs
Klipsch made them to run with the super large Klipsch PA systems

• Like 1

• Moderators

Yes they are putting much more deep bass in movies, most of it is more what you feel instead of what you hear. Movies are a little different they seem to add more and deeper bass in the sound effects which is no surprise but it seems even in some music there doing the same which goes lower than any instrument so it must be some kind of synthesized deep bass added ? 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have to give a hearty “THANK YOU!” to @billybob for splitting these with me.  I met him this afternoon in Chiefland, and he sold me one pair of the KPT-100 along with the wall mounting hardware.  Once I play with these for a bit (and make any repairs or upgrades if needed), these will be wall mounted for some good sound in the pool enclosure area.

I appreciate you passing the great deal on to me.  Thanks again!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 5/1/2020 at 2:09 PM, CECAA850 said:

I had a pair on my back patio for several years and they really surprised people with their big open sound.

The mod is basically adding one wire to each crossover.  I highly recommend switching over to the titanium diaphragms if you have them open modding the crossover.

Is this the titanium diaphragm? Crites only seems to sell one and the look fairly universal, but I'm not sure how universal they are.

image.png.4e1ae2594b61a113d57cabf48b2759a0.png

11 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Is this the titanium diaphragm? Crites only seems to sell one and the look fairly universal, but I'm not sure how universal they are.

klipsch parts also used to sell original Titanium diaphragms  for the k79-75-76 /Pro and Heritage  speakers  -you can check with klipsch parts , if these are available , the price was equivalent to aftermarkets 

1 hour ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

12 minutes ago, Trey Cannon said:

The klipsch part is 127123 and it about $35.

Here it is...

Hooked a pair up to test today using a 20wpc Lepai amp and though a bit anemic (not suprised) they sound really really good. I bought these for our upcoming house build and will be putting a pair in the living room with some sort of unobtrusive sub for basic tv/movie/music and another pair on the back porch with a TH SPUD clone for outdoor music.

Fresh paint and THX mod for sure, not sure yet on the titanium tweets replacements.

• Thanks 1