Electoral College: Should it stay or go?

oldtimer

58 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Perfect explanation! The past few years has been embarrassing.

At this point more FBI agents have been indicted then Trump family members the deep state is very real and more prosecutions are coming down the line...

• Like 2

Just now, Jeff Matthews said:

Do you even know what he meant by the phrase, "deep state?"

Could mean a lot of things. The congressional district I live in just put Marjorie Green on the ballot for November.

As the world turns... Indeed

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

The congressional district I live in just put Marjorie Green on the ballot for November.

I don't know about her but thought I'd take a quick look.

This article tries to say she's a racist based on the following statements:

In another video, Greene reportedly said racial disparities don’t exist in America. “Guess what? Slavery is over,” she is quoted as saying. “Black people have equal rights.”

I can't make racism out of that, but obviously others can.  

Maybe her opponents have worse things on her but decided not to report on them.  

I'm not claiming anything about her, but I am showing the way the press works.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I'm not claiming anything about her, but I am showing the way the press works.

I was part of the press for 10 years, although a lifetime ago. I refuse to paint them all with that broad a brush.

You hadn't seen any of her ads? Just not the kind of person I would have voted for, but I skipped our primary. Green and her opponent both had ads where they were showing off their ARs. They were both catering to a certain crowd.

Done with this part as it isn't beneficial, especially for Klipsch.

10 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I was part of the press for 10 years, although a lifetime ago. I refuse to paint them all with that broad a brush.

You hadn't seen any of her ads? Just not the kind of person I would have voted for, but I skipped our primary. Green and her opponent both had ads where they were showing off their ARs. They were both catering to a certain crowd.

Done with this part as it isn't beneficial, especially for Klipsch.

I also don't paint "the press" as broadly as my comments might make it seem.  My biggest beef is probably 90% is just lazy reporting, mixed with personal agenda.  

Also, if women who brandish AR15's turn you off, I get it.  I feel similar about tattoos on women.

I have no problem with people taking positions.  My issue is with how prevalent misleading "news" is.  But... We have to accept this as part of a free press, so caveat emptor.

This thread could get off base and get real nasty real quickly. Remember, electoral college is the topic. The one thing I fear the most for this country is if just one party becomes the norm. History shows any one party country is going to eventual become very corrupt and the people are the ones who will suffer. No party should break the law to stay in power and if they do they should be punished. 

• Like 1

A compromise solution would be to distribute electoral votes by house district winners and award the senate votes to the overall winner of the state. It works in Nebraska and Maine. If I recall correctly, Mitt Romney would have won in 2012 with this method. Well maybe that would.....

FWIW

53 minutes ago, henry4841 said:

This thread could get off base and get real nasty real quickly. Remember, electoral college is the topic. The one thing I fear the most for this country is if just one party becomes the norm. History shows any one party country is going to eventual become very corrupt and the people are the ones who will suffer. No party should break the law to stay in power and if they do they should be punished. 

There is just one party.  It has two heads.  Don't worry about the thread.  It is a bastard child.  The real OP can delete it any time he pleases.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bozo73 said:

A compromise solution would be to distribute electoral votes by house district winners and award the senate votes to the overall winner of the state. It works in Nebraska and Maine. If I recall correctly, Mitt Romney would have won in 2012 with this method. Well maybe that would.....

FWIW

We are all bozos on this bus.

• Like 1