Anyone else have vacation plans ?

sunburnwilly

What were they ? 

Being unemployed because of Covid and days running together I had almost forgot about mine . 

Would have driven to Robbinsville NC last Sunday . Enjoyed driving the Tail of the Dragon and maybe some Cherohala Skyway . Hiking on the Appalachian Trail during the rush hours on the Dragon . Yesterday I would have left Robbinsville NC and driven to Charlotte NC to take in the first round of the NHRA 4 Wide Nats qualifying . After the qualifying rounds I would have driven from Charlotte NC to Raleigh NC . Tonight I would have been at the (G)I-DLE show at The Ritz . Tomorrow I would have driven back to Charlotte for the NHRA eliminations and then home to Charleston SC . Oh Well ...

Here's some (G)I-DLE

• Like 1

I bought a brand new Harley touring bike in Sept. and planned on doing a long road trip this summer for the first time since before the Obama era recession,now I'm not even sure if I'll still have a job this summer.

Motorcycle touring is my thing,my last new bike I bought in 2000 and she's got close to 200,000 miles on the clock now.(Still in my garage at this point)

2020 I thought was going to be my best work year ever,a new job late 2019 with great union benefits and pay,plenty of hours with time and a half over 8 and double time over 10.

It was all looking great so I pulled the trigger on a new bike for the first time in 20 years and made plans.

We've had our hours cut back and now there's rumors of pending layoffs,I'd be one of the first to go with less than a year of service.

I'd have to sell the new bike and a vacation would be out of the question.

Even if that doesn't happen will parks I want to visit be open,will I be able to get motel rooms,will I be able to afford it working short hours?

I dunno,this whole thing is pretty depressing and so far I don't have it as bad as a lot of other folks.

My biggest worry is losing medical benefits for the wife and I if I get laid off.

Vacation? Well I guess that's a wait and see,least of my worries for now.

025.JPG

• Like 2

Knowing my job is safe, this has been more of a preview of what retirement might look like and/or simply an extended vacation.  

I'm working from home however, instead of visiting with (maybe) 50/100 people per week....  I'm down to maybe 20 if "I'm busy".  Frankly, it's killing me and I can hardly wait to get back in the groove of getting out there and visiting my various locations (covering 10 counties).

One nice thing....  the wife hasn't killed me yet!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

I have vacationed to most parts of the back yard whenever I want.

Was in Arkansas a few weeks ago for a few days, had a good time, caught an almost 5 pound bass, had some drinks and things with friends and just took a break, it was the last place we went.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dtel said:

For the workers out there, just think how many times you wished you could just take off a few weeks and got a break.           Your welcome ---the virus. 

You’re closer to the truth than you may realize. I was just thinking about how many times in the past that i’ve stayed at home instead of going out and doing stuff. I’ve learnt a lesson in this ... don’t take things for granted. 

• Like 1