AH! Noise Killeres

Emory

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can buy a pair of AH! Noise Killers?  They are suppose to tone down the harshness of Klipsch Horns, especially the high end.  Upscale Audio has them but they only give them away to people who buy speakers.  Somebody must sell these things.  My R26F's are beautifully detailed but just a bit to harsh with my Musical Fidelity integrated amp which is very revealing.  Thank you.

• Like 1

From the link posted above (their website)

Look, folks. We can't get enough of these to satisfy demand and the manufacturer is focused on other things. What's the solution? We aren't going to sell them anymore. Instead, we're giving them away free to anyone buying new loudspeakers from Upscale Audio. Our little way of saying thanks!

Just mention "Free Noise Killers" when placing your order by phone or write that in the order notes when placing an order online.

The Ah! LS Noise Killer is a magic product that can help with ringing tweeters and top end hardness. They are especially effective for rooms and systems that are slightly bright and cause listening fatigue, and will not soften the top end to the point of losing "air".

----------------------

So, my initial takeaway is they are saying they only sell speakers that have ringing tweeters and top end hardness??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SWL said:

They're magic....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If you can find them, yes.  Upscale will not sell them, they give them away with a speaker purchase.  Searched all over and cannot find them for sale.

Perhaps  nobody sells them because......wellllllllllllll, maybe they're just a gimmick?

In fariness, I do say that without a clue as to what they do.  I wonder if they have a resistor or somerthing in them to tame the highs??  Something has to be in that little magic dongle ad the end of those wires.

If you're that adamant that you have to have them, why not buy your speakers from them and get them for free?

I would also have to think that SOMEONE out there in the world, received them, didn't use them and might be willing to sell them.

It strikes me as a gimmick though so best of luck to you should you pursue these and find some.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coytee said:

From the link posted above (their website)

Look, folks. We can't get enough of these to satisfy demand and the manufacturer is focused on other things. What's the solution? We aren't going to sell them anymore. Instead, we're giving them away free to anyone buying new loudspeakers from Upscale Audio. Our little way of saying thanks!

Just mention "Free Noise Killers" when placing your order by phone or write that in the order notes when placing an order online.

The Ah! LS Noise Killer is a magic product that can help with ringing tweeters and top end hardness. They are especially effective for rooms and systems that are slightly bright and cause listening fatigue, and will not soften the top end to the point of losing "air".

----------------------

So, my initial takeaway is they are saying they only sell speakers that have ringing tweeters and top end hardness??

I think its just a sales gimmick.  Everything they sell is high end and very very high end so if they put a system together for you then you can bet you won't have any harshness.  Might cost you 10K but you will get it.

Another thought I had.  If that product is so good and they can't get enough of them, then why doesn't hifi shops carry them. If the demand is there no company is going to say we don't want to make them any longer.  Would be asinine.

No disrespect meant to you....  but why are you contining to worry about this?

1.  Listen to various speakers, find the pair that really speaks to you

2.  Bring said speakers home

3.  Take room measurements and FIX THE ROOM

4.  Sit back and get a giggle when someone asks about something who on their very website, calls their item "a magic product"

That should shut you down in 144 nano-seconds

• Like 1

18 hours ago, yorkdaletoronto said:

These noise killers, suppressor are not really needed if you have the right speakers or speaker cable. ie: combination of Oracle MIT speaker cable + Avantgarde (any) will not produce any harshness on the high end frequency that experience in some K speakers. 

Pretty close to the same price range as R26Fs and zip-cord.