AH! Noise Killeres

Emory

Well thanks for all the replies every one but in my room there is not much I can do with it acoustically to reduce the harshness and I'm not willing to spend the same amount of money on wire as I did for the speakers. :-)  I would need more than just a few feet for each speaker.   Of course Upscales description of magic is baloney as I'm sure it's just some type of filter zeroed in on a certain frequency range.  Maybe I should be thinking about an equalizer to do this since my amp has no tone controls. That is if I could find one that won't drastically reduce the audio quality of the system.

22 hours ago, Emory said:

Another thought I had.  If that product is so good and they can't get enough of them, then why doesn't hifi shops carry them. If the demand is there no company is going to say we don't want to make them any longer.  Would be asinine.

I don't believe that you will find one in the US. 

AH! products are sold only by Upscale Audio.  You might try calling AH! in Holland but I expect that they are very guarded due to their contract with Upscale. 

tc 

On 4/26/2020 at 8:35 AM, Emory said:

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can buy a pair of AH! Noise Killers?  They are suppose to tone down the harshness of Klipsch Horns, especially the high end.  Upscale Audio has them but they only give them away to people who buy speakers.  Somebody must sell these things.  My R26F's are beautifully detailed but just a bit to harsh with my Musical Fidelity integrated amp which is very revealing.  Thank you.

Do you have the crossover schematic for the R26F's? Does anybody have it?

A solution to tame those horns may be possibly small, simple changes to the crossover.

19 hours ago, Don Richard said:

Probably a Zobel circuit inside the little black box. A Zobel could help, maybe.

Similar to Bybee bullets.  When you look at the impedance graphs of a number of speakers, changing that and filtering some of the load may be good for the response from the amplifier and ears.

On 4/27/2020 at 11:21 AM, Don Richard said:

Probably a Zobel circuit inside the little black box. A Zobel could help, maybe.

Yes, or anything else/nothing at all.  Not knowing the impedance of the speaker, the designer could do no more than a hatchet job on a filter.  Wired across the amp terminals, I'll bet on an RC low-pass with an attempted -3 dB point in the 15kHz range since the web page mentioned not taking out too much sparkle, or some-such. 

Well that's the best answer for sure.  I know their products have high reviews so I wouldn't be nervous about buying it.  Looks like the third knob from the left would be the helper.  The bass would also help too.  Thank you very much for your time.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2020 at 2:10 PM, Coytee said:

Perhaps  nobody sells them because......wellllllllllllll, maybe they're just a gimmick?

In fariness, I do say that without a clue as to what they do.  I wonder if they have a resistor or somerthing in them to tame the highs??  Something has to be in that little magic dongle ad the end of those wires.

If you're that adamant that you have to have them, why not buy your speakers from them and get them for free?

I would also have to think that SOMEONE out there in the world, received them, didn't use them and might be willing to sell them.

It strikes me as a gimmick though so best of luck to you should you pursue these and find some.

I'm beginning to think the same way.  Makes more sense to buy the Schitt unit.  I like the dynamics of my Klipsch so I'm not selling them.  Just want to tone down those mid highs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I have a pair of those AH! Noise killers.  I used to used them on my la scalas many many years ago
Were they magic? Did they change your life?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

On 4/26/2020 at 10:35 AM, Emory said:

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can buy a pair of AH! Noise Killers?  They are suppose to tone down the harshness of Klipsch Horns, especially the high end.  Upscale Audio has them but they only give them away to people who buy speakers.  Somebody must sell these things.  My R26F's are beautifully detailed but just a bit to harsh with my Musical Fidelity integrated amp which is very revealing.  Thank you.

It's not the speakers. And the amp probably has little to do with it.

The harshness usually results from some combination of speaker placement and orientation relative to the room boundaries/surfaces, relative to the listening location, in conjunction with the acoustical properties of the room. Also, your ears and preferences come into play. Not everybody hears everything the same, which probably one of the reasons so many different makes and types of speakers are popular and can co-exist in the marketplace.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just my 2 cents since I had Klipsch Aluminum Tweeters

in my speakers. I hated them, they were Screechy.

They seemed to be OK for normal Listening but

turned up to much and trying to get more fidelity

was a ear killer.

• Like 1