Sub crossover setting

Emory

I have a two channel only audio system using one R12 sub and a pair of R26F's powered my a very detailed and dynamic Musical Fidelity integrated amp. The amp has no bass or treble control.  Where would a good recommended sub crossover settting be for this set up?  One more item; if I do not toe the speakers in, would it audibly reduce the harshness of the horns?  Thanks.

@Emory,

Welcome to the forum.

6 minutes ago, Emory said:

I have a two channel only audio system using one R12 sub and a pair of R26F's powered my a very detailed and dynamic Musical Fidelity integrated amp. The amp has no bass or treble control.  Where would a good recommended sub crossover settting be for this set up? 

I would say start at 80Hz and go down if needed.  Placement and phase setting play a roll as well as room acoustics.

7 minutes ago, Emory said:

One more item; if I do not toe the speakers in, would it audibly reduce the harshness of the horns? 

It can but not definite.  Placement in reference to front and side walls and distance apart will also contribute.

Bill

2 hours ago, willland said:

@Emory,

Welcome to the forum.

I would say start at 80Hz and go down if needed.  Placement and phase setting play a roll as well as room acoustics.

It can but not definite.  Placement in reference to front and side walls and distance apart will also contribute.

Bill

Thanks Bill.