K-55V Dual Phase Compression Driver

Hi Jim !!

I have a pair of K-55V solder terminal, dual phase plug compression drivers but the serial numbers are not close and one has a large R hand stamped into the round aluminum plate with the PWK emblem that also has the serial number stamped into it. Does this mean that this was a Klipsch factory replacement driver ??

Thanks...  Roger

On 4/27/2020 at 2:18 PM, twistedcrankcammer said:

This is a large Capital R in the Aluminum plaque, no color to it ???

-------They used  regular office  rubber stamps with a big Capital R  - to differentiate the replacement drivers from the faulty ones  , some were dipped in RED ink -others BLACK ink- and even BLUE INK -

2 hours ago, 000 said:

-------They used  regular office  rubber stamps with a big Capital R  - to differentiate the replacement drivers from the faulty ones  , some were dipped in RED ink -others BLACK ink- and even BLUE INK -

I wonder what the large Die hand punch R on the Metal Plate means then ??? I assumed it meant Replacement as the two K-55V dual phase solder lug compression driver are no where near the same serial number ???

Roger

2 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

I wonder what the large Die hand punch R on the Metal Plate means then ??? I assumed it meant Replacement as the two K-55V dual phase solder lug compression driver are no where near the same serial number ???

Roger

post us a picture please -- my guess is the R    could also be  a repaired driver  which is sent out in advance  , and the color codes relate to either a NEW Replacement driver or a USED Repaired driver -------

2 hours ago, 000 said:

post us a picture please -- my guess is the R    could also be  a repaired driver  which is sent out in advance  , and the color codes relate to either a NEW Replacement driver or a USED Repaired driver -------

It wont let me download the photo file. It says I have a 2 Mb limit.

Roger

Use MS Paint's Resize function to resize the picture file.  You can probably go to 30%.  The resulting picture will probably fill the screen.  Remember there is no point to posting a picture that is any larger than that.  There is no reason to try to post a larger file which comes directly out of your cell or camera without this reduction of size.

I'm a broken record on this matter.

WMcD

• Like 1