Jump to content

K-55V Dual Phase Compression Driver


Recommended Posts

Hi Jim !!

 

I have a pair of K-55V solder terminal, dual phase plug compression drivers but the serial numbers are not close and one has a large R hand stamped into the round aluminum plate with the PWK emblem that also has the serial number stamped into it. Does this mean that this was a Klipsch factory replacement driver ??

 

Thanks...  Roger

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/27/2020 at 2:18 PM, twistedcrankcammer said:

 

 

This is a large Capital R in the Aluminum plaque, no color to it ???

-------They used  regular office  rubber stamps with a big Capital R  - to differentiate the replacement drivers from the faulty ones  , some were dipped in RED ink -others BLACK ink- and even BLUE INK -

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 000 said:

-------They used  regular office  rubber stamps with a big Capital R  - to differentiate the replacement drivers from the faulty ones  , some were dipped in RED ink -others BLACK ink- and even BLUE INK -

 

 

 

I wonder what the large Die hand punch R on the Metal Plate means then ??? I assumed it meant Replacement as the two K-55V dual phase solder lug compression driver are no where near the same serial number ???

 

Roger

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

 

 

 

I wonder what the large Die hand punch R on the Metal Plate means then ??? I assumed it meant Replacement as the two K-55V dual phase solder lug compression driver are no where near the same serial number ???

 

Roger

post us a picture please -- my guess is the R    could also be  a repaired driver  which is sent out in advance  , and the color codes relate to either a NEW Replacement driver or a USED Repaired driver -------

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 000 said:

post us a picture please -- my guess is the R    could also be  a repaired driver  which is sent out in advance  , and the color codes relate to either a NEW Replacement driver or a USED Repaired driver -------

 

It wont let me download the photo file. It says I have a 2 Mb limit.

 

Roger

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Use MS Paint's Resize function to resize the picture file.  You can probably go to 30%.  The resulting picture will probably fill the screen.  Remember there is no point to posting a picture that is any larger than that.  There is no reason to try to post a larger file which comes directly out of your cell or camera without this reduction of size.

 

I'm a broken record on this matter.

 

WMcD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...