Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

20 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I have mentioned that several times in the other thread. I bought a tiller for the tractor and have used it a few times. I think Lowes said they can get freezers by mid summer. Wonder how many freezers are coming from China. 

All of them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Negatron said:

What is wrong with the post?

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Negatron said:

What is wrong with the post?

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Wrong dtel

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Despite the Mayo Clinic expressly telling Mike Pence and his staff that they must wear a mask during a tour of the facility, VP Pence blatantly refused to wear one, even in the presence of doctors, nurses and a patient.

As if we didn't know already, thank you VP Pence for confirming that you have absolutely no clue as to what is going on.  

Who cares about freezers when administration officials act like this?  

Jim.....I have met you and shared a few drinks at Pilgrimage 2018 so I would hate to see you banned.  OTOH your attacks on the sitting administration is tiring.  I did not vote for Obama but I never went to the lengths you have to discredit the guy in charge.  When I fly anywhere I always pull for the pilot.  Makes sense to me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

When I fly anywhere I always pull for the pilot

i know this gal that is a pilot for Jet Blue.  we’re at a friend’s house and this other guy comes over and she’s talking about work and he said, “You work for Jet Blue?  Are you a Stewardess?"

She just looked at him and said, “No. I’m the pilot."

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

If they never had heart issues (for example) and got covid 19 they probably would have lived.  If they had covid 19 and got hit by a car, what would the cause of death be?

Not a dumb question. They don’t understand and are very worried about the long term effects of covid19. The virus is really confusing the medical community in how it is transmitted, how some are so lightly impacted and others gravely ill or worse. They feel that some younger patients are having strokes dues to the illness. They worry about lung scarring and it’s many consequences after covid19 pneumonia. One study is attributing some of this to genetics. So death by covid19 can become a fuzzy issue. That said if you survive covid19 then go sky diving and the parachute fails I’m guessing ‘splat’ will be the cause of death.

11 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i know this gal that is a pilot for Jet Blue.  we’re at a friend’s house and this other guy comes over and she’s talking about work and he said, “You work for Jet Blue?  Are you a Stewardess?"

She just looked at him and said, “No. I’m the pilot."

My daughter in law is a pilot for Delta. Nope she’s not flying right now. We’d rather she’d get a job that keeps her closer to home. She’s flown for quite sometime and is getting weary of the travel.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Jim.....I have met you and shared a few drinks at Pilgrimage 2018 so I would hate to see you banned.  OTOH your attacks on the sitting administration is tiring.  I did not vote for Obama but I never went to the lengths you have to discredit the guy in charge.  When I fly anywhere I always pull for the pilot.  Makes sense to me.

Makes sense to me too but you're talking to the wall.

• Like 2

the part of this virus thing that is really burning me up is the conflicting information. Wash your groceries we’re told. Brother’s dietician from hospital calls him this morning and she’s telling him, no need to wash what you purchase from grocery store, technically it can have the virus on the product but the chances of getting it that way is very low. 

You’d think the health care industry would speak with one united voice; but that’s not the case. 

So once again, just like AIDS back in the early 80s, one person saying one thing, another saying something totally different. 

our minds are engaged in this grand ping pong match and it’s all getting tiring. 

Why are so many afraid to say “I don’t know?"

i think before you say you can’t get it from a certain thing, you’d better be right, likewise don’t say you can if you don’t know. I find “I don’t know” to be a more comforting answer than BS meant to either ease our concern or stoke the hysteria. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
the part of this virus thing that is really burning me up is the conflicting information. Wash your groceries we’re told. Brother’s dietician from hospital calls him this morning and she’s telling him, no need to wash what you purchase from grocery store, technically it can have the virus on the product but the chances of getting it that way is very low. 
You’d think the health care industry would speak with one united voice; but that’s not the case. 
So once again, just like AIDS back in the early 80s, one person saying one thing, another saying something totally different. 
our minds are engaged in this grand ping pong match and it’s all getting tiring. 
Why are so many afraid to say “I don’t know?"
i think before you say you can’t get it from a certain thing, you’d better be right, likewise don’t say you can if you don’t know. I find “I don’t know” to be a more comforting answer than BS meant to either ease our concern or stoke the hysteria. 

We sanitize all groceries before they get put away. It’s kind of like hiring an attorney...nobody knows your case like you do. It’s just another dollar for them.

It’s better to be safe and wipe everything down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

Just now, dtel's wife said:

We sanitize all groceries before they get put away. It’s kind of like hiring an attorney...nobody knows your case like you do. It’s just another dollar for them.

It’s better to be safe and wipe everything down.

so have we. Perishables or things we’re going to use right away, we fill the sink with soapy water and wash them (haven’t bought produce).

Other stuff sits in the bag out of the way for four days or so. 

Told my brother that what we’ve been doing so far has worked so why stop now. 

• Like 2

• dtel locked this topic