Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

I was told that the virus cannot survive cooking...so no need to sanitize meats. We have been washing all our veggies, and fruits for years anyway.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
I was told that the virus cannot survive cooking...so no need to sanitize meats. We have been washing all our veggies, and fruits for years anyway.

We wipe off the packaging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Negatron said:

i agree with that, was referring to the virus being on the packaging. On the plastic jug of milk, soda bottles, canned goods, etc...   some are saying wash them, others say no the odds are too small to worry about. To me, if the virus lasts four days on plastic, why would putting food in that plastic container suddenly render it safe?  Is food magic? (well, Ketchup is, we all know that).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, billybob said:

Lightly spray the bananas with Lysol. When eat one next day,

just peel and eat. Then throw the peel away, then wash my hands

per usual. No drama, such as it is.

you have Lysol?   My can gave up the ghost. Wasn’t using it on any food items anyway, just doorknobs or shoes, and such.

• Like 2

i agree with that, was referring to the virus being on the packaging. On the plastic jug of milk, soda bottles, canned goods, etc...   some are saying wash them, others say no the odds are too small to worry about. To me, if the virus lasts four days on plastic, why would putting food in that plastic container suddenly render it safe?  Is food magic? (well, Ketchup is, we all know that).
We get bottled water delivered, and I wipe it down with alcohol before bringing it I to the house. In Mexico every place I go to has hand sanitizer and you must use it before entering. I also use it upon exiting the business. Do places in the USA also have hand sanitizer applied when you enter and exit? When I get mail, I usually open the package outside, and then throw away the outer box. I then leave the product out upside for a day or two before bringing it into the house.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Just now, Negatron said:

We get bottled water delivered, and I wipe it down with alcohol before bringing it I to the house. In Mexico every place I go to has hand sanitizer and you must use it before entering. I also use it upon exiting the business. Do places in the USA also have hand sanitizer applied when you enter and exit? When I get mail, I usually open the package outside, and then throw away the outer box. I then leave the product out upside for a day or two before bringing it into the house.

i don’t know -- i haven’t went anywhere in over a month. Started having groceries delivered instead of going to the store myself. I’m in a vulnerable group due to lung disease, so have been taking this seriously. 

I don’t open my mail, haven’t in years (unless it  looks like something important. I once opened something from the courts and it was a nastygram telling me that it was against the law to blow off jury duty. guess that jury summons went unnoticed). When my medication is delivered, i’ll let it sit for a few days before opening. 

• Like 3

i don’t know -- i haven’t went anywhere in over a month. Started having groceries delivered instead of going to the store myself. I’m in a vulnerable group due to lung disease, so have been taking this seriously. 
I don’t open my mail, haven’t in years (unless it  looks like something important. I once opened something from the courts and it was a nastygram telling me that it was against the law to blow off jury duty. guess that jury summons went unnoticed). When my medication is delivered, i’ll let it sit for a few days before opening. 
I hear yah... I have Cardiac Sarcoidosis, Asthma, and Sleep Apnea. If I get it...it is bye bye, most likely.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Negatron said:

I hear yah... I have Cardiac Sarcoidosis, Asthma, and Sleep Apnea. If I get it...it is bye bye, most likely.

the rates of Covid 19 in Mexico are very low ---------much much lower than the USA and even Canada -------they are doing something right -

Cases
Mexico

Confirmed
Recovered
Deaths

image.png

• Like 2

the rates of Covid 19 in Mexico are very low ---------much much lower than the USA and even Canada -------they are doing something right --

Mexico

Cases Mexico

Confirmed 15,529 Recovered 2,627 Deaths 1,434

image.png.27d007bf05e95ba1b8b9aa5c2b11b241.png

They are going up fast in Mexico City. The one thing they have done in Mexico City is to enforce spacing and also everyone must wear a mask or they can be fined. Where we are my wife has been making filtered masks and selling them...all profits go to helping the poor people The other day my wife found out a woman with a tumor was going to be evicted, and my wife paid their rent for the past 2 months from the profits.

• Like 4

Just now, Negatron said:

Theyb are going up fast in Mexico City. The one thing they have done in Mexico City is to enforce spacing and also everyone must wear a mask or they can be fined. Where we are my wife has been making filtered masks and selling them...all profits go to helping the poor people The other day my wife found out a woman with a tumor was going to be evicted, and my wife paid their rent for the past 2 months from the profits.

👍👍 Well done —

• Like 3

Just now, BigStewMan said:

you have Lysol?   My can gave up the ghost. Wasn’t using it on any food items anyway, just doorknobs or shoes, and such.

Yes, I spray the groceries in the bags and the bags.  After a bit, I set the groceries on the table minus the tote bag. Spray where I sat the bags initially, spray package groceries again. Wash off items for the fridge(reefer) and the freezer. Climb out my submarine

overall zip suit Navy friend gave me. Spray it, hang it outside at times. Sunlight and heat, the jump suit ready for the next hot trip, so using it less now but, usually AC in the stores help.

Refilled my 50/50 carry in pocket spray container with 60/40 70 %

Isopropyl alcohol.

Keep my white vinegar spray for this that and the other always.

Drive to package store for a drink usually on same ship trip.

Then a trip ago used my hoodie to cover head and used a sock across face. Saw a mask at counter for 5 dollars, so have worn it a couple of times now. Sis in law

made her and my brother a mask, not me. Usually good for about a week, then repeat.

Brother, who I have not seen wearing mask, probably pissed at me for isolating most of the time.

Going to live with it abit longer.

Want them safe, just in case from me and my travels. Making the most of it and happy to get away from all that work fun with pushing, pulling, and lifting heavy metal related to ratrods, golf carts, three wheeler, mowers, etc. that brother works on about everyday. 

I can get along just fine without working, then going down to the water and watching the people, most I know, taking e chance I may meet a female. Then, coming in at sundown here at 900, cooling off then trying to find something to watch. Waking up, have a cup, and repeat.

No, I am into my 6th week now and

besides lonely at times, am very happy in the meantime, as am a bit hernit like in lifestyle anyway, enjoying the relaxing and the peace and quiet.

Cheers Steve...

• Like 3

• dtel locked this topic