Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

Yes, I spray the groceries in the bags and the bags.  After a bit, I set the groceries on the table minus the tote bag. Spray where I sat the bags initially, spray package groceries again. Wash off items for the fridge(reefer) and the freezer. Climb out my submarine

overall zip suit Navy friend gave me. Spray it, hang it outside at times. Sunlight and heat, the jump suit ready for the next hot trip, so using it less now but, usually AC in the stores help.

Refilled my 50/50 carry in pocket spray container with 60/40 70 %

Isopropyl alcohol.

Keep my white vinegar spray for this that and the other always.

Drive to package store for a drink usually on same ship trip.

Then a trip ago used my hoodie to cover head and used a sock across face. Saw a mask at counter for 5 dollars, so have worn it a couple of times now. Sis in law

made her and my brother a mask, not me. Usually good for about a week, then repeat.

Brother, who I have not seen wearing mask, probably pissed at me for isolating most of the time.

Going to live with it abit longer.

Want them safe, just in case from me and my travels. Making the most of it and happy to get away from all that work fun with pushing, pulling, and lifting heavy metal related to ratrods, golf carts, three wheeler, mowers, etc. that brother works on about everyday. 

I can get along just fine without working, then going down to the water and watching the people, most I know, taking e chance I may meet a female. Then, coming in at sundown here at 900, cooling off then trying to find something to watch. Waking up, have a cup, and repeat.

No, I am into my 6th week now and

besides lonely at times, am very happy in the meantime, as am a bit hernit like in lifestyle anyway, enjoying the relaxing and the peace and quiet.

Cheers Steve...

My wife makes her masks with cotton, and 2 filters. The filters she uses are coffee filters which have been found to work very well against the virus.

I also have a large "PhoneSoapbox" which is used for UV cleaning of tablets, and cellphones, and I throw my mask in there minus the filters, and then put new filters in afterward.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Just about anywhere you go now has tape lines in the ground extending out side of the store, and they limit how many at a time can be inside at I e time. Even the cashier li es have tape on the floor for spacing. Most places have face shields, and or facemasks too. It is expected very soon I our town for everyone e to have masks or get fined very soon.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

As reported by the Canadian Press...

right , Veterans  have to ask  for more resources for Veteran homes , more staff , and more Protective equipment for the Staff and the Residents ---

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Negatron said:

My wife makes her masks with cotton, and 2 filters. The filters she uses are coffee filters which have been found to work very well against the virus.

I also have a large "PhoneSoapbox" which is used for UV cleaning of tablets, and cellphones, and I throw my mask in there minus the filters, and then put new filters in afterward.

Coffee filters is a new one on me.

Sounds good. Was going to find one of those women s panty liners for a filter inside the mask. Saw it on another virus thread.

Your wife is sure a kind lady.

More power to her...

• Like 2

Sounds good. Was going to find one of those women s panty liners for a filter inside the mask. Saw it on another virus thread.
More power to her...
My wife is Korean, and she found the research from what has worked in Korea. She makes her masks double layered, and then you insert the coffee filters between the 2 layers. The masks can be used over and over... just need washing, and filters to be replaced. Nice thing is the coffee filters are real easy to find, and inexpensive too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

the part of this virus thing that is really burning me up is the conflicting information. Wash your groceries we’re told. Brother’s dietician from hospital calls him this morning and she’s telling him, no need to wash what you purchase from grocery store, technically it can have the virus on the product but the chances of getting it that way is very low. 

You’d think the health care industry would speak with one united voice; but that’s not the case. 

So once again, just like AIDS back in the early 80s, one person saying one thing, another saying something totally different. 

our minds are engaged in this grand ping pong match and it’s all getting tiring. 

Why are so many afraid to say “I don’t know?"

i think before you say you can’t get it from a certain thing, you’d better be right, likewise don’t say you can if you don’t know. I find “I don’t know” to be a more comforting answer than BS meant to either ease our concern or stoke the hysteria. 

Covid19 has been on an epidemiology this learning curve. Personally I agree with the idea of overkill to be safe but too much of the population disagrees. IMHO they should’ve gone waaaay overboard with precautions begin with and pulled back unneeded measures as they learned more about the virus.  I think too that some of this conflicting info comes to us via the press with intent of hyperbole. They need their headlines, real or otherwise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, billybob said:

More power to her...

35 minutes ago, Negatron said:

My wife is Korean, and she found the research from what has worked in Korea. She makes her masks double layered, and then you insert the coffee filters between the 2 layers. The masks can be used over and over... just need washing, and filters to be replaced. Nice thing is the coffee filters are real easy to find, and inexpensive too.

Good to hear a positive story for a change. Thank your wife for us.

We have sewers at my company and with several out watching their kids that dont have school or daycare, we are barely keeping up with our "essential" work but we have managed to make over 1000 masks that we have used for ourselves, our customers and donated hundreds to front line workers. Didn't want to get into the mud with the profit takers for PPE. Just doing our small part. All 72 employees are getting paid and we pay 100% of health insurance as well. We are very fortunate.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I agree...to many people disregard the full danger of what is happening and blow it off as a common cold or flu. Too many people refuse to protect themselves and others, and just want to return to a life where they can party, and go out wherever they want. The longer people act like this, the longer the virus spreads and the more people get sick, and die.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Good to hear a positive story for a change. Thank your wife for us.
We have sewers at my company and with several out watching their kids that dont have school or daycare, we are barely keeping up with our "essential" work but we have managed to make over 1000 masks that we have used for ourselves, our customers and donated hundreds to front line workers. Didn't want to get into the mud with the profit takers for PPE. Just doing our small part. All 72 employees are getting paid and we pay 100% of health insurance as well. We are very fortunate.
We need more people responding like you are and helping people that need help.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Too many people protect themselves way yonder too much, given the risk, or, lack thereof.

The longer people overreact like this, the more time it takes for Wuhan Virus to run its course.

Prolly resulting in more deaths, from poverty & starvation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

When I fly anywhere I always pull for the pilot.

Would you pull for the pilot if you knew he/she had absolutely no training in how to fly the plane, or that he/she didn't give a crap about anyone in the passenger compartment?  I don't think so.  What's really tiring is the willful disregard for peoples lives for the supposed benefit of the economy and the excuses people make for the incredibly naive actions of those that are supposed to protect all Americans, not just the rich and well connected.   If you and others here are so confident that everything's going to be OK, it's just going to go away, it will be a miracle.....please, be my guest, take it from the great state of Tennessee who just "opened" their state, on the same day that they reported their single highest daily death count from the virus.  Have at it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, jimjimbo said:

Would you pull for the pilot if you knew he/she had absolutely no training in how to fly the plane, or that he/she didn't give a crap about anyone in the passenger compartment?  I don't think so.  What's really tiring is the willful disregard for peoples lives for the supposed benefit of the economy and the excuses people make for the incredibly naive actions of those that are supposed to protect all Americans, not just the rich and well connected.   If you and others here are so confident that everything's going to be OK, it's just going to go away, it will be a miracle.....please, be my guest, take it from the great state of Tennessee who just "opened" their state, on the same day that they reported their single highest daily death count from the virus.  Have at it.

Hope my spelling is OK.  And grammar, don't forget grammar.

• dtel locked this topic