Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

3 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Remember the Arizona couple where the husband died because the wife gave him fish tank cleaner on the “advice” of president Trump? Remember how she wailed and railed about how awful the president was? Remember that she was a huge supporter of the Democratic Party and had previously made donations for their candidates? Well she’s now being investigated for murdering her husband. Seems like they had a turbulent history and she’d been charged with assaulting him before. Gotta love some of these liberal sorts........ oh, and the media that fuels so much of this lunacy.

Until this political BS ends, one cannot discuss the virus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

This isn't meant to be political, but the truth is that most migrant farm workers/laborers are Latino/Hispanic immigrants (legal and illegal). With the current policies, a lot of food crops will rot in the fields because there is no one to work.

Meat processing plants are some of the most dangerous places to work. It's going to get worse in some places before it gets better.

A lot of our food supply in the US is handled the same way all our cheap work from China has been done.

Seems like our citizens need to step up and make a choice. There are people who can work. It’s time we focus on our country and what can be done to recruit our citizens to work those jobs previously held by migrants.

Again, it’s your choice because this is America. Work or don’t work. Stay home or not. Wear a mask or not. I’m not going to decide how the rest of America lives just because I’m in the vulnerable group. I’m responsible for my own health and well being. I choose not to give that authority to the government. YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some of this content is on the line both as politics and as personal attacks. Mods are very busy right now and don't have time to comb 6 pages....but hiding, warning, and moderated posting will occur if you folks don't self police. 

(Written from my bunker)

Dave

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

Again, it’s your choice because this is America. Work or don’t work. Stay home or not. Wear a mask or not. I’m not going to decide how the rest of America lives just because I’m in the vulnerable group. I’m responsible for my own health and well being. I choose not to give that authority to the government. YMMV.

There are sick people who don't care whether they make the rest of us sick or not.  If they have a job to go to, they'll be there.  No thought at all for others.  During "normal" times, this might be an acceptable risk, but these aren't normal times.  Personally, I'm ready for things to re-open, but I understand the concerns others have.  At some point,  we will have to return to normal behavior and let the fearful stay behind.  I can see both sides here, and neither side makes me angry.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Negatron said:

People that are not showing symptoms, but are carriers will make a lot more sick and die. This is not a flu it is a worldwide pandemic.

I wonder how many people who feel that it is more important to go out, and not self distance and wear masks would feel that way if they knew someone who was dying from this.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

If we dont get the ball rolling again soon, we wont have to worry about going out, we will be worrying about what are we going to feed our family.

We will be worrying about where we can apply for a new job since we're 4 months behind (and counting) on every ounce of debt we have.

We will be worrying about how long the power company is going to allow me to keep my electricity on even though we haven't paid them in 150 days

We all will be exposed to this over year or so and from the numbers alone, the majority of us have already had it.

Things could blow up again worse and it may happen this fall, but some of the population cant sit around and wither on the vine.

I think its great that some want to stay at home everyday, all day.  I think its awesome that so many of the retiree's are capable of doing this and their life hasn't changed so much. I have a good friend two houses down and this is his exact scenario. At the same time, we have to be able to carry on or at least try to. 

220K people have died worldwide from Covid

647K Americans die every year from heart disease. YES, this is just the US number.

24 minutes ago, billybob said:

amen

the way I see it

we are all in the same boat. the boat has a hole and we're arguing who caused it instead of fixing it. There will be plenty of time to bicker about what what went right/wrong later...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

It makes sense to have no mandatory restrictions of those not sick.

Recommended &/or Voluntary OK.

You just don't get it do you. What, over 200 pages on this topic and you STILL don't get it? Last time: You can get this, HAVE NO SYMPTOMS, BE A CARRIER WITHOUT KNOWING IT, AND THEN GIVE IT TO SOMEONE WHO THEN DIES

It's people like you that scare the shit out of everyone else. Since you don't "get it", don't give a crap about anyone except yourself, then it's doubtful you're being careful. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

amen

the way I see it

we are all in the same boat. the boat has a hole and we're arguing who caused it instead of fixing it. There will be plenty of time to bicker about what what went right/wrong later...

At one time people kept their voting views to themselves in this country.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, billybob said:

What I said. If you have an issue with the government, you have an  opportunity coming up  soon to change it. If it does not go your way, remember we may have a number of political viewpoint, we have only one country and it is ours to lose together. For much of my life, opposing parties not in power referred to themselves in most civilized countries as the "loyal  opposition." That, along with the equally dead "Disagreement doesn't mean disrespect" have passed in this  country. We need it back or we will  perish. One of our leaders said "A house divided against itself cannot stand." THAT is why politics are no longer allowed here and  will  never be  tolerated until we  return to civilized behavior. 

Dave

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Negatron said:

People that are not showing symptoms, but are carriers will make a lot more sick and die. This is not a flu it is a worldwide pandemic.

I wonder how many people who feel that it is more important to go out, and not self distance and wear masks would feel that way if they knew someone who was dying from this.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

It’s neither flu, nor worldwide pandemic.  I, too, am in the high risk category; if I had to go out, I’d have but little fear.

Wife does most all the shopping.

I’ve been out about 6 times since the “Skeer” began. Four of those were medical appointments.

You don’t KNOW anyone is dying from others going out; conjecture, based mostly on opinions of others.

Looks like Max2 doesn't get it either.

If you have heart disease and stand next to me, I'm not going to get your heart disease.

Also, people keep comparing infections and deaths over a 2 month period to annual numbers of other things.

Mitigation controls is the only reason this thing isn't 100 times worse. This is what happened in 1918: They did nothing, and 675,000 died.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Deang said:

You just don't get it do you. What, over 200 pages on this topic and you STILL don't get it? Last time: You can get this, HAVE NO SYMPTOMS, BE A CARRIER WITHOUT KNOWING IT, AND THEN GIVE IT TO SOMEONE WHO THEN DIES

It's people like you that scare the shit out of everyone else. Since you don't "get it", don't give a crap about anyone except yourself, then it's doubtful you're being careful. 

I get that I don’t have to resort to personal attack x 3, to TRY to win an argument.

12 minutes ago, Deang said:

Looks like Max2 doesn't get it either.

If you have heart disease and stand next to me, I'm not going to get your heart disease.

Also, people keep comparing infections and deaths over a 2 month period to annual numbers of other things.

Mitigation controls is the only reason this thing isn't 100 times worse. This is what happened in 1918: They did nothing, and 675,000 died.

Come on Dean, I know you're a math man.  Do some numbers, then put your mask on when in public, dont stand next to someone, wash your hands. Consider everything outside your home a threat. Deal with that accordingly and get on with your life man.

14 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

... nor worldwide pandemic ... You don’t KNOW anyone is dying from others going out; conjecture, based mostly on opinions of others.

This is blatant disinformation. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Mallette said:

What I said. If you have an issue with the government, you have an  opportunity coming up  soon to change it. If it does not go your way, remember we may have a number of political viewpoint, we have only one country and it is ours to lose together. For much of my life, opposing parties not in power referred to themselves in most civilized countries as the "loyal  opposition." That, along with the equally dead "Disagreement doesn't mean disrespect" have passed in this  country. We need it back or we will  perish. One of our leaders said "A house divided against itself cannot stand." THAT is why politics are no longer allowed here and  will  never be  tolerated until we  return to civilized behavior. 

Dave

I stand warned. Want everyone who wants to post here to have the opportunity to. Everyone!

1 minute ago, Max2 said:

Come on Dean, I know you're a math man.  Do some numbers, then put your mask on when in public, don't stand next to someone, wash your hands. Consider everything outside your home a threat, deal with that accordingly and get on with your life man.

Now that they have everyone somewhat trained, they will slowly lift restrictions and hope for the best. 

I see people all of the time who act like nothing is going on. If it wasn't so sad it would be funny. So yeah, if people don't stay with the SD, masks, and hygiene -- people will starting dropping like flies.

6 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

You can’t fathom someone could understand your point; but, still disagree, & up to this point, agreeably.

What I can' t fathom is people who treat facts like they're fake news. It's unbelievable. That last post of yours was a doozy. 

So, no such thing as asymptomatic spread, and we're not in a pandemic. Got it.

• dtel locked this topic