Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

18 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Why does he have to admit that?  Some people can handle the shut-down quite easily.  Some people can't.  Whose fault is that?  Just like many don't want to bail out states which spent lavishly and carried too much debt, the same applies to ordinary Americans.  Workers and employers who never saved now need to take health risks more than those who did.  

Its like this Jeff. The man holding the end of a long 2"X4" floating your new next driveway probably doesnt make 30K a year. He works hard and I bet his wife does too. Maybe they're paying for health care, if they're lucky. Maybe they're taking care of a grandchild as well,  they want and need to get to work. Maybe they will be using safer precautions than a lax, wealthy retiree that is still polluting his golf club locker room.  Soemtimes people have to play the cards they're dealt. 

52 minutes ago, Deang said:

You've made it personal with your ignorant posts.

Knock off. SP quit responding, Deang quit making it personal. Disagree, but only by stating your own position and why, not the cheap shot of "ignorant." Point out logical fallacies all you want, but do not question others IQ's, origins, or whatever. 

This thread has been tolerated because the subject matter is important. Don't count on it, though, if ANYONE posting here cannot simply "respectfully disagree." 

No action now, but expect some if all cannot keep it  OT and non personal. 

Dave

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mallette said:

Agreed. Except there is no fight worse than when a family comes UNGLUED. Civil War is the most notable illustration.

Dave

Nah, we save that for Analog vs Digital and Active vs Passive !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The discussion is heated because the consequences ARE literally life and death. Sadly this is taking place during an election year that adds mountains of political spin into the issues and it would happen regardless of which party was in the leadership.

Whether you were prepared economically for these events or not you are still amidst the realities of a genuinely serious global pandemic. Your personal conduct does impact the lives of others. This can’t be helped or sidestepped. That’s the facts of covid19. You can get it and show no symptoms and spread it to others who will die from your haphazard actions. We see this right now.

Sorry I do not have the answers to fix any of your personal needs nor those who get sick. I can only take care of me and do my best to not have ANY negative impact on others. This is what I have recommended on these threads from the start. So check your political baggage elsewhere. We have a crisis and you get to be in crisis management like it or not.

3 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I don't see why a whole thread has to be locked due to a few people. It's almost like they are trying to get it locked, again. 

I think everyone has been pretty cordial after being called out on crossing a very wide line that has been offered, given the current circumstance we're dealing with.

We're lucky that we can complain and object with different points of views on this here.

42 minutes ago, Mallette said:

No action now, but expect some if all cannot keep it  OT and non personal. 

Dave

40 minutes ago, Mallette said:

Appreciated. It is hard to moderate, even harder with old friends of many years. 

Dave

Dean sucks.

19 minutes ago, Max2 said:
27 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I don't see why a whole thread has to be locked due to a few people. It's almost like they are trying to get it locked, again. 

I think everyone has been pretty cordial after being called out on crossing a very wide line that has been offered, given the current circumstance we're dealing with.

We're lucky that we can complain and object with different points of views on this here.

I do not lock a thread unless the OP started it in violation of TOS. If necessary, posts will be hidden and action taken against individual contributors, but I won't lock it. In this, I do not necessarily reflect all mods, but I have tried to influence them to act the same way as I feel locking a thread reflects poorly on the original poster and those who follow the TOS in their posts. 

Dave

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Deang said:

You just don't get it do you. What, over 200 pages on this topic and you STILL don't get it? Last time: You can get this, HAVE NO SYMPTOMS, BE A CARRIER WITHOUT KNOWING IT, AND THEN GIVE IT TO SOMEONE WHO THEN DIES

It's people like you that scare the shit out of everyone else. Since you don't "get it", don't give a crap about anyone except yourself, then it's doubtful you're being careful. 

Dean, you're my hero.

Uh oh, here comes a flock of wah wahs.....

Want to make sure I'm clear....the reason for the lock down or what ever you want to call what the 'authorities' are putting us sheep through is to not overload the medical/health system. Flatten the curve as it were. No one is magically thinking this is going to make the virus go away, be a good little virus and not kill anymore people.

• Like 2

• dtel locked this topic