Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

18 minutes ago, geoff. said:

Just heard on the local radio station the CFL (Canadian Football League) is asking the federal government here for a $150 million bail out.

I may be laughing all day over this one!

And crying when they get it?

21 minutes ago, babadono said:

And crying when they get it?

the season is still far way from starting ,  now most players of the CFL are from the USA , they would have to travel to Canada ,  by planes , I am not sure if this allowed , as we speak -

31 minutes ago, geoff. said:

Just heard on the local radio station the CFL (Canadian Football League) is asking the federal government here for a $150 million bail out.

I may be laughing all day over this one!

let them play ------  I would really like to see a game , ( ON TV )-

3 hours ago, Mallette said:

Knock off. SP quit responding, Deang quit making it personal. Disagree, but only by stating your own position and why, not the cheap shot of "ignorant." Point out logical fallacies all you want, but do not question others IQ's, origins, or whatever. 

Well Dave, what do you call it when someone says asymptomatic transmission is just someone's opinion and that there is no pandemic? 

I guess I could have said "uninformed". 

• Like 1

Yesterday I had reported a shortage (meaning none) of fresh ground beef and all pork products at KC area Costco. Decided to try a local grocery chain of about 30 stores under differing names/formats. Not only plenty of ground beef but any pork or fresh chicken you would want. Even mailed sale flyers with these items on sale. I ask the butcher if he had enough ground beef for a twenty pound order, he said we have tons, no shortage, never been a shortage, won’t be one, don’t listen to the news. ( And no, I did not ask him which way he votes) Why this and Costco is dry? This chain buys from local producers, Costco buys at the national level. They even have boxes of FDA approved masks, gloves etc. all of course, made by our friends in China. Funny the national media focuses on the dread, the bad news, the food supply chain is shutting down and not any local reports where groceries are plentiful. Of course we are geographically in fly over country where no ones gives a rats azz about what goes on here. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Deang said:

I guess I could have said "uninformed". 

Even though it is not, "ignorant" is generally considered a pejorative. Elementary school students are ignorant of calculus, but that doesn't mean they are mentally deficient. And, yes, uninformed would be a better choice as it implies nothing except the individual has not been exposed to something (aside than Covid 😁).

Dave

• Thanks 1

my freezer is full of food, problem is that I haven't used any of it in a month. I've been going through my microwavable rice, pasta; and cans of chili, and instant potatoes. 

I know there is several pounds of ground beef in there, a ham, couple of big packs of pork chops, and a roast. 

each night, I tell myself that I'm going to cook something the next day ... then I end up going to microwave route. 

I'm pathetic. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Self isolation will reduce the rate of spread so that FEWER people get sick and die..........   and with FEWER deathly ill people the hospitals will be able to provide better care for anyone who needs care for any reason.

Without self isolation MORE people will get covid19 FASTER. With self isolation LESS people will get sick period.

The SAME number of people will NOT get sick with or without self isolation.

Self isolation will result in fewer people getting and dying from covid19.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

The SAME number of people will NOT get sick with or without self isolation.

That is what made sense to me. Otherwise the concept of self-isolation would be just a "Take a Number" exercise and some get their number called sooner than others. I think the goal is for some never to get it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

That is what made sense to me. Otherwise the concept of self-isolation would be just a "Take a Number" exercise and some get their number called sooner than others. I think the goal is for some never to get it. 

From what I understand, everyone is susceptible if exposed until you have either immunity from previously getting it or a vaccine is developed to keep you from getting it.

2 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

For me as a clinician the scary part is what some doctor noted in England. For those covid19 patients sick enough to require hospitalization the disease is as lethal as Ebola.

Oh stop exaggerating. It's no worse than being waterboarded for two weeks straight.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

until you have either immunity from previously getting it

They are actually not 100% sure about this. They are worried that if you are one of those that just got a touch of it, you may not have enough resistance built up to fend it off again. I think the verdict is still out on this one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

From what I understand, everyone is susceptible if exposed until you have either immunity from previously getting it or a vaccine is developed to keep you from getting it.

The key term here is: IF EXPOSED.

• Like 1

My NE Kansas county of just under 600,000 shows a little over 400 confirmed cases. I just met with my new doctor who said the hospital group he is associated and the 30 associated offices have seen less than 25 cases. The hospital itself had reserved half a floor, 35 beds for Rona patients. They have admitted 8. My doc and this office have not seen a case.

I know a RN who went to NY to assist their needs, Manhattan in particular, two weeks ago this Saturday. They are already talking about sending her home, soon. 

• dtel locked this topic