Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/animals.html

COVID 19  ---What to do if you own pets

Until we learn more about how this virus affects animals, treat pets as you would other human family members to protect them from a possible infection.

• Do not let pets interact with people or other animals outside the household.
  • Keep cats indoors when possible to prevent them from interacting with other animals or people.
  • Walk dogs on a leash, maintaining at least 6 feet (2 meters) from other people and animals.
  • Avoid dog parks or public places where a large number of people and dogs gather.

There is a small number of animals around the world reported to be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19, mostly after having contact with a person with COVID-19. Talk to your veterinarian if your pet gets sick or if you have any concerns about your pet’s health.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Deang said:

I'm in the Dayton, Ohio area. There is no shortage of anything. Even TP is back, now that people have finally figured out that you can't eat it.

Same here in North East  Ohio. But what was terrible is I could not find my favorite low salt potato chips.

JJK

• Haha 1

Just now, Sancho Panza said:

Tommy cat got out las’ night. Came back a few hours later.

I’m shaking in my boots.

you can use a Dremel tool with a small sanding sleeve , like these -----takes 2 sec per nail ----200pcs 1/2 1/4 dremel sanding sleeves sanding discs drum sand ...

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:
1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

It has long been acknowledged that Lincoln did not have the constitutional authority to free the slaves in states in rebellion against the union

Acknowledged by who? You need to be more precise. Read the Emancipation Proclamation, what it says, and under what conditions. In addition to scorching their earth he could cripple their economy

Acknowledged by me but I hardly think I'm alone in that conclusion. 

Yes, I've read the Emancipation Proclamation and I know the history behind it.  I know when Lincoln freed the slave in the states in rebellion, and why.  He didn't free the slaves from states still in the union, but you know all that.

Slavery was lawful at that time and states rights were bigger then than it is now.  There is nothing in the constitution granting a sitting president the power to negate a state law.  FYI I had a couple of semesters in college on the War of Northern aggression.  I'm not claiming to be an authority, I'm just saying I didn't come to these conclusions after watching a few Youtube videos.

And as you also know because you are a scholar in history (sincere sentiment by me) there was actually nothing in the constitution that prevented states from seceding.  Lincoln did not have the constitutional authority to force them to stay.  It was not a "civil war" because the south did not try to overthrow the government of the United States, they simply wanted to leave it.  Lincoln was having none of it.

BTW IMO Lincoln didn't scorch the earth to defeat the south economically, at least that's not what Sherman said.  Sherman said he scorched the earth to deny the enemy the means by which they could wage war.  I suppose it all came out the same in the end.

FYI I didn't Google any of this ^^^ or watch any Youtube vids for research.  This is what I remember from college 45 years ago.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 000 said:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/animals.html

COVID 19  ---What to do if you own pets

Until we learn more about how this virus affects animals, treat pets as you would other human family members to protect them from a possible infection.

• Do not let pets interact with people or other animals outside the household.
  • Keep cats indoors when possible to prevent them from interacting with other animals or people.
  • Walk dogs on a leash, maintaining at least 6 feet (2 meters) from other people and animals.
  • Avoid dog parks or public places where a large number of people and dogs gather.

There is a small number of animals around the world reported to be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19, mostly after having contact with a person with COVID-19. Talk to your veterinarian if your pet gets sick or if you have any concerns about your pet’s health.

— and don’t let your dog sniff another dogs *** - or yours - and vice versa 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, richieb said:

^^^^^
Dave A and your comments on Nashville’s Mayor. Isn’t it ironic the movers and shakers in our esteemed government, who take vacations during a crises (yes, and I’m sure play golf too ( to cover all bases for the inevitable comeback) never make mention of them taking pay cuts and “suffer”:with the proletariat. If they, every single one of the blue and red, had term limits and didn’t posture for their next election cycle from the day they swear in, maybe they would make more sensible decisions based on the right here, right now and not when you cast your vote in three years. If these SOB’s knew that in 3-4 years they were done, finished, a dollar to a donut their decision making would be more for the good - of the people and not their re-election chances.

Trump does not  need money and donates his President salary to various causes. He also has quite a history of philanthropy but he is not a braggart about it so you probably don't know that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, richieb said:

. I was gonna’ suggest you guys get a room but that might not be inappropriate in such a scrutinized, sterilized  and iron fisted thread. So I won’t - (but I do have plenty of points if your interested, just sayin’)

I'm not interested in any of your pointers about iron fisting.  It's not my thing but I'm not judging you.

8 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

There are sick people who don't care whether they make the rest of us sick or not.  If they have a job to go to, they'll be there.  No thought at all for others.  During "normal" times, this might be an acceptable risk, but these aren't normal times.  Personally, I'm ready for things to re-open, but I understand the concerns others have.  At some point,  we will have to return to normal behavior and let the fearful stay behind.  I can see both sides here, and neither side makes me angry.  

OK I hear this all the time and I have just one question. How can you be exposed to this Wuhan virus if you self quarantine? The only way you could get this is if you broke the quarantine yourself and who would be to blame for that? You can get everything you need delivered to your house so if you went out you chose to run the risk.

• Like 1

OK I hear this all the time and I have just one question. How can you be exposed to this Wuhan virus if you self quarantine? The only way you could get this is if you broke the quarantine yourself and who would be to blame for that? You can get everything you need delivered to your house so if you went out you chose to run the risk.
You still need to decontaminate whatever was delivered and yourself in case the driver or someone who prepared your order was a carrier. Other than that you should be safe at home. Anyone who enters your home should decontaminate too.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

My NE Kansas county of just under 600,000 shows a little over 400 confirmed cases. I just met with my new doctor who said the hospital group he is associated and the 30 associated offices have seen less than 25 cases. The hospital itself had reserved half a floor, 35 beds for Rona patients. They have admitted 8. My doc and this office have not seen a case.

I know a RN who went to NY to assist their needs, Manhattan in particular, two weeks ago this Saturday. They are already talking about sending her home, soon. 

Same here. Maury County regional is the largest hospital south of Nashville. Talked to a nurse at the gas pump the other day, yes neither of us had face masks, and she said they have all been tested and not one had this Wuhan thing. Do you believe this is reaI panic worthy stuff I asked? She grinned shook her head no and drove off. There are more people dying from being refused treatment for various things then there are from Wuhan around here. Now technically since Wuhan killed those people from lack of treatment I wonder if they will also be counted as Wuhan deaths. The tortured way officials are collecting data skews the result and places the blame on Wuhan when in many cases it was only the icing on the cake and the cake was already going to kill these people.

Yes, yes you do. Like two peas in a pod. I was gonna’ suggest you guys get a room but that might not be inappropriate in such a scrutinized, sterilized  and iron fisted thread. So I won’t - (but I do have plenty of points if your interested, just sayin’)

So who will bring the face masks and sanitizer?

1 hour ago, JJkizak said:
4 hours ago, Deang said:

I'm in the Dayton, Ohio area. There is no shortage of anything. Even TP is back, now that people have finally figured out that you can't eat it.

Same here in North East  Ohio. But what was terrible is I could not find my favorite low salt potato chips.

Walmart has been out of my favorite Jif peanut butter low fat, for weeks.

This pandemic thing has gotten completely out of hand.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Walmart has been out of my favorite Jif peanut butter low fat, for weeks.

That’s funny Dave ... i’m watching the old show Emergency and eating spoonfuls of JIF right now. Good stuff. I love peanut butter. 

Choosy mothers choose JIF. 

oh yeah, it’s the reduced fat one too.

• Like 1

• dtel locked this topic