Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

45 minutes ago, Dave A said:

OK I hear this all the time and I have just one question. How can you be exposed to this Wuhan virus if you self quarantine? The only way you could get this is if you broke the quarantine yourself and who would be to blame for that? You can get everything you need delivered to your house so if you went out you chose to run the risk.

the reports are conflicting, but some say that it’s not the food but the packaging that you have to worry about. 

unless we’re jeremiah johnson living in the woods, we can’t completely isolate from the rest of the world ... even having our groceries delivered, opening our mail poses a risk (some say). 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

That’s funny Dave ... i’m watching the old show Emergency and eating spoonfuls of JIF right now. Good stuff. I love peanut butter. 

Choosy mothers choose JIF. 

oh yeah, it’s the reduced fat one too.

Buy the “natural” peanut butter where sugar/or fructose isn’t in the ingredients - Smuckers makes one that tastes good. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, richieb said:

Buy the “natural” peanut butter where sugar/or fructose isn’t in the ingredients - Smuckers makes one that tastes good. 

i'm ascared of natural peanut butter. bought some once and when i went to eat some there was a half inch of oil on the top.  Yes, i’m lazy -- i don’t even like to stir.

I don’t eat a lot of peanut butter, just bought two jars when the shopping for armageddon hysteria started. I really don’t eat a lot of sweets either. Sugar and caffeine i’ve been able to eliminate from my diet ... but not burritos, ketchup, or hot sauce. 

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

i'm ascared of natural peanut butter. bought some once and when i went to eat some there was a half inch of oil on the top.  Yes, i’m lazy -- i don’t even like to stir.

I don’t eat a lot of peanut butter, just bought two jars when the shopping for armageddon hysteria started. I really don’t eat a lot of sweets either. Sugar and caffeine i’ve been able to eliminate from my diet ... but not burritos, ketchup, or hot sauce. 

No doubt the natural stuff takes a bit of work. Kinda like mixing paint but worth the effort for me. Tastes like — peanuts, nothing more.

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

Wrong. Do you contend the 13 colonies (States) did the same?

Rights are God given, can’t be revoked by man. Unalienable, the unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America proclaims.

https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs/declaration-transcript

Wrong, We the people..It is a written constitution, modeled from Scottish Enlightenment. God had nothing to do with it, and the DOI is seperate from Constitutional authority. The Drafting Committe had TJ take out God, and put in creator. The DOI is sometimes looked at for intreptaion, but seldom. 

The Constitution doesn't mention or imply natural law. There is certainly nothing about rights given by a god or otherwise. 

The court has looked at "implied rights" such as the "right of privacy" under a penumbra of rights. It has ruled squarely against rights claimed to be given from a god such as plural marriage.

The "right" to revolt and start a revolution is the same here as every other place on earth, you have to win. Otherwise you are a criminal or a terrorist. Give me liberty or give me death" was the mantra. You win, you form a more perfect nation, you lose, you go face a military tribunal and are hung or sent away forever.

After succession those states were enemy territory, populated with enemies of State. They abandoned their right to petition for redress of grievances, and they knew that.

Advocating for the violent overthrow of the US government is a federal crime, it has withstood constitutional muster countless times. If it ever was was god given, We the People, took it away. I think if you read the whole preamble, and get through at least ten of the first grievances you will see that their claim of a right to revolt was based on a very, very, specific set of circumstances, the foremost of which was nobody would listen.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Are we in agreement that is started in the live food market or in a lab? 

This is more needed info, too. 

RNA say a bat. Whether it went from there, who knows. The scientific literature I have seen is pretty conclusive on that.

Look up zonitic disease (from animal to human). and SARS-CoV-2.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

RNA say a bat. Whether it went from there, who knows. The scientific literature I have seen is pretty conclusive on that.

Look up zonitic disease (from animal to human). and SARS-CoV-2.

here is scientific  info , I had posted earlier -

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-wuhan-lab-complicated-origins.html

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-not-human-made-in-lab.html

Shh, don't tell anyone. I just added up the total. $2014.54 added to the food hoard this month. Just yesterday got lucky with 15LBS of ribeyes @ $4.99, 4LBS of beef tenderloin @ 5.99, 12LBS of NY strip @ $7.29. Had to buy whole and butcher my own. Everything else was overpriced or sold out. No chicken, No ground beef. You suppose you could blame me for part of the shortages.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Slavery was lawful at that time and states rights were bigger then than it is now.  There is nothing in the constitution granting a sitting president the power to negate a state law.  FYI I had a couple of semesters in college on the War of Northern aggression.  I'm not claiming to be an authority, I'm just saying I didn't come to these conclusions after watching a few Youtube videos.

Agree with entirety of your this part. He specifically didn't free slaves in loyal states. He exercised dominion and control over property of an enemy land. The US has done this in every war since. Up to and including burning poppy fields in Afghanistan.

I'm no authority either, but outside of Lost Cause romantic historians, I think the overwhelming consensus is that whatever was necessary to shorten the war was legitimate, constrained only by funding of Cingress.

Whether that means declaring property in enemy hands emancipated, sinking southern passenger ships, using your house in Atlanta to quarter their troops and then burning it to the ground when they left, going from farm to farm and taking all of your crops to feed an army and destroying what they couldn't carry, spiking your cannons, destroying rail lines, all was acceptable because it would shorten the war.

The most ingenuous thing about AL's IP was the timing of it. He was always great at timing.

I wouldn't go to YT for anything except maybe BBQ. The thing of it is, people need to realize that there is much, much more out there besides Shelby Foot.

The Supreme Court has deemed the Emancipation Proclamation relevant, some justices used it by analogy when Truman tried to seize and operate the steel industry without statutory authority. Legally, it wasn't relevent at the time of the war, even the opposing party was in line with it. It was only relevent in the Youngstown Steel case as an example of power of executive to aid in sucessful prosecution of a war.

Constitutional scholars talk about it in law review articles from time to time, kind of "what if"stuff. I think the fact that he limited to the enemy cause most to conclude that AL was aware of what was constitutional under his executive power.

• Like 1

• dtel locked this topic