Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

Those are both good too.

So, I have to retract my statement that you can't get it by eating a bat. Please don't eat bats.

"In the other proposed scenario, a non-pathogenic version of the virus jumped from an animal host into humans and then evolved to its current pathogenic state within the human population. For instance, some coronaviruses from pangolins, armadillo-like mammals found in Asia and Africa, have an RBD structure very similar to that of SARS-CoV-2. A coronavirus from a pangolin could possibly have been transmitted to a human, either directly or through an intermediary host such as civets or ferrets."

I wish the Chinese would have done more investigative work on that market before cleaning it up. 

6 hours ago, tube fanatic said:

Does anyone actually believe that this is the last bioterrorism pathogen which will manage to “escape” a laboratory?  ...

If this was a "bioterrorism pathogen", we would all be dead by now. 

21 minutes ago, Deang said:

They didn't lie, they held back the information related to human to human transmission. They were hoping they could clean it up. contain it, and it would just go away.

As in not divulging crucially important information on a lethal contagion? If they knew enough to ‘hold it back’, then they knew they shouldn’t have done that. And since the WHO asked China about human to human transmission and China said “no” - that, no matter how you color it, is a big fat lie. They lied.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Deang said:

I wish the Chinese would have done more investigative work on that market before cleaning it up. 

they took  samples  for sure --

I've heard two or three jets overhead daily for the past few, way more cars on the roads too.

Warehouse was crowded but I had to wait for another to come out before they would let me in. Some folks still not wearing masks. Shame on that sorry a--ed mom bring her two younger than ten year olds in there sans masks.

Whatever "they" will come up with as breaking news this week is more bull. All the talk and not hearing any talk about how many strains of this bug are out there after five months of it moving around different environmental regions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

As in not divulging crucially important information on a lethal contagion? If they knew enough to ‘hold it back’, then they knew they shouldn’t have done that. And since the WHO asked China about human to human transmission and China said “no” - that, no matter how you color it, is a big fat lie. They lied.

True.

• Like 1

OK, I am on board now.

Although I don't personally believe that SARS-CoV-2 was developed to be used as a bilogical weapon, I can see now how Covid-19 could be in fact lab originated. Even if that could ever be legally proven, I do believe now that SARS-CoV-2 would have eventually happened naturally anyway without any human intervention. They have been studying these bats for a decade to prevent this exact thing from occurring naturally. It would have happened anyway. It will happen again. There will be more new coronavirus caused pandemics to come in the decades ahead.

At least these labs did developed the first antibody test used to find the infections in the bats in the first place. Thats how you got human test kits so early here.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8279859/Bombshell-intelligence-lays-bare-China-lied-coronavirus-outbreak.html

On 5/1/2020 at 2:14 PM, KlipschFish said:

958,131 recoveries worldwide.

Per Reuters? I'll stick with Johns Hopkins for now with 1 million recovered which is approximately only 42K more than the reuters estimate.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2020 at 9:05 AM, dtel's wife said:

All of our Lowe’s in this area are showing no freezer availability mid July, while our Home Depot stores are sold out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought a new refrigerator from Lowe’s today; pick-up or free delivery May 19th.

If you need a new freeze-box, I can help dtel load one, or, rent a truck, & drive it down...

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

Bought a new refrigerator from Lowe’s today; pick-up or free delivery May 19th.

If you need a new freeze-box, I can help dtel load one, or, rent a truck, & drive it down...

I am hoping our freezer hangs on a good bit more, I would hate to even have to unload that sucker. Wife said the local store had pork loins on sale and she wanted to go get some, I said better look at the freezer it's full, one bag of ice could be removed and that's all the room we would have. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dtel said:

I am hoping our freezer hangs on a good bit more, I would hate to even have to unload that sucker. Wife said the local store had pork loins on sale and she wanted to go get some, I said better look at the freezer it's full, one bag of ice could be removed and that's all the room we would have. 

i suggest you start eating then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, dtel said:

Went to Costco to investigate and top off my freezer. I waited for the meat truck to arrive to deliver the days supply of fresh meat. Resticted to 3 meat items per account. Truck arrived at 11A.M. Store coolers were full at 1 P.M.  The coolers were all empty by 5PM. Hamburger was first to go, although they had more to process, followed by chicken breast and then pork loins. Fresh cuts always sell first. People apparently do not like to butcher whole portions themselves. Too bloody.

Another tip...bagged salad. Large retailer told me they were shorted 400 cases. Just reporting the trend.

About the freezer shortage. No surprise there. Would you be shocked to learn there is someone on a local ad page renting out freezer space by the cubuc foot to the general public now that they are all gone and he has 25 sitting in a warehouse? Just fake news.

Another side note: I got real lucky managed to buy 24 bottles of 4oz hand sanitizer from Costco. Limit 1. Single pallet. Off brand. Have not seen any hand sanitizer anywhere in 6 weeks. BTW - NFS.

OK, Going back down to my bunker for the day.

• Like 2

Hong Kong International Airport, testing is under way on a full-body disinfectant device. This, the airport says, can sanitise users within 40 seconds, using sprays that kill bacteria and viruses on skin and clothing.

A member of staff goes through the CLeanTech full-body disinfection channel facility at Hong Kong International Airport, 24 April 2020

59 minutes ago, 000 said:

Hong Kong International Airport, testing is under way on a full-body disinfectant device. This, the airport says, can sanitise users within 40 seconds, using sprays that kill bacteria and viruses on skin and clothing.

Does the human survive?  I find it hard to believe that it could be effective at killing all surface pathogens without being harmful to the person.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

i suggest you start eating then.

I eat plenty enough, really to much, it's why I look like I do.        

1 hour ago, 000 said:

A member of staff goes through the CLeanTech full-body disinfection channel facility at Hong Kong International Airport, 24 April 2020

Hmm - let’s see. Virus originated in China, shipments of PPE’s down from 40-70%, full disclosure questionable and now the Chinese made CleanTec J-1. These guys hold more cards than Vegas - 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, richieb said:

Hmm - let’s see. Virus originated in China, shipments of PPE’s down from 40-70%, full disclosure questionable and now the Chinese made CleanTec J-1. These guys hold more cards than Vegas - 

they have created an entirely new industry  , and they are ahead of the game ---

• dtel locked this topic