Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

5 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Remember the goodies we had to play with as kids? Give me M-80's and slingshots and bicycles any day over video games.

back when we were allowed to discover physics on our own....

Not that my parents approved. They just didn't know

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, grasshopper said:

back when we were allowed to discover physics on our own....

Not that my parents approved. They just didn't know

there used be a this place right outside Vegas (to the South) that sold firecrackers, smoke bombs, and other pyrotechnics ... stopped once and bought a bunch of stuff. quite a few duds in the lot. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Remember the goodies we had to play with as kids? Give me M-80's and slingshots and bicycles any day over video games.

Yes for sure. When I was younger than today. 1)4 stick

BTW, was talking about others trading...lol 

Just kids!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deang said:

It relates to how the deaths were coded. You need to add COVID-19 and COVID-19 + Pneumonia. That number is 53,872. The numbers are also limited to 2/1 - 4/25

Yes so the time frame is basically the whole USA  wuhan breakout time. What I read across the top of the chart is Covid-19 37,308 deaths. Pneumonia at 64,382 and finally Covid-19 + Pneumonia as comorbidities at 16,564. They are finally getting real about the causes of death and of the comorbidity. Note they did not combine Pneumonia + Covid-19 as a part of their Covid-19 deaths but as a separate category. They don't know which one tipped these over the edge and are not trying to artificially inflate the Covid-19 numbers with manipulated data.

7 minutes ago, Deang said:

Did you know a M-80 is the same as a 1/4 stick of dynamite? I didn’t. 

Tossed one into my ex girlfriend’s mailbox back in 9th grade. It lit up the whole neighborhood and blew half of the siding off that side of the house. 

I have some fire ant mounds I would like to try some on.

Some doctors were coding COVID-19, and some were coding COVID-19 with Pneumonia. The codes are in the chart. Did you read everything on the page and think about it, or just pull the numbers that supported your position? That’s why I said you were cherry picking, and you are. 

1 minute ago, 7heavenlyplaces said:

Can M80's even be purchased in the states any longer?

i have no idea.  the only time that i’ve bought them was how you get all the good things ... out of someone’s car on the side of the road. 

5 minutes ago, Deang said:

Some doctors were coding COVID-19, and some were coding COVID-19 with Pneumonia. The codes are in the chart. Did you read everything on the page and think about it, or just pull the numbers that supported you’re position? That’s why Insaid you were cherry picking, and you are. 

Yes and separate codes for each. What is your point?

4 minutes ago, 7heavenlyplaces said:

Can M80's even be purchased in the states any longer?

Not for a long time though there are still kits to make them out there. Don't get caught with them would be my guess.

6 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i have no idea.  the only time that i’ve bought them was how you get all the good things ... out of someone’s car on the side of the road. 

Reminds me of Drunken fireworks by Stephen king. That audiobook is hilarious. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Note they did not combine Pneumonia + Covid-19 as a part of their Covid-19 deaths but as a separate category.

My point, based on the above statement that you had made, is that you didn’t understand the issue related to how the deaths were coded.

What I’m noting is that even after explaining it to you twice, you still don’t get that you have to add the two new numbers in the separate columns together. 

Time for bed. 

26 minutes ago, Dave A said:

I have some fire ant mounds I would like to try some on.

Now there’s a good idea. I think you should do this. That’ll kill everyone of those little buggers.

And since you are sure that the covid19 deaths are half of what we think 🤔 you can go ahead and skip any precautions for getting the disease. Go and visit NYC too. I hear that the crowds are down the vehicle traffic has eased greatly. Have a good time..... meet some new folks and share some laughs.

If you do these things you could have a most interesting next month or so. Enjoy and good luck.

We’d get m-80’s from Mexico and conducted all sorts of mayhem with them. We figured out that heavy cotton string would work as a slow burn fuse for these and cherry bombs. Just weave the thread into the fuse, light the string and blow out the flame. The string will slow burn and ignite the fuse and bingo. So we could place these in things, get em fired up and leave. They’d go off 20 minutes later and we’d be nowhere in sight. We were the source of many a mysteriously destroyed pay phone in those times.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Deang said:

It relates to how the deaths were coded. You need to add COVID-19 and COVID-19 + Pneumonia. That number is 53,872. The numbers are also limited to 2/1 - 4/25

Plus, don't forget the disclaimers at the bottom. It will take 6mos to a year for their numbers to get up to date and crunched. 

• Moderators

I haven't read this fully or vetted it, maybe someone else here can do that. What are the risks of going outside, without mask, with tshirt mask, with surgical mask.

https://medium.com/swlh/so-youre-going-outside-a-physics-based-coronavirus-infection-risk-estimator-for-leaving-the-house-d7dcae2746c0

8 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

I haven't read this fully or vetted it, maybe someone else here can do that. What are the risks of going outside, without mask, with tshirt mask, with surgical mask.

https://medium.com/swlh/so-youre-going-outside-a-physics-based-coronavirus-infection-risk-estimator-for-leaving-the-house-d7dcae2746c0

It is a fun mathematical modeling of the relative risk for covid19 exposure for venturing out into the public. Lots of variables to enter/consider and if all’s done correctly you can quantify your risk of going to Costco. The take away? Wear your mask, stay 6 feet (not 4 but a full 6 or more) apart, wash/sterilize your hands frequently and don’t ever touch your face. Oh, try to go to Costco early so as to avoid the infective potential of people who came and left before you got there.

• Like 1

Man. M-80s, cherry bombs, Texas busters...such fun in my youth. We learned about danger the same way soldiers learn about surviving...by doing. Yes, even as a kid I knew an M-80 was a quarter stick of dynamite and treated it accordingly. I recall a friend of mine thinking it would be good fun to put one under a tin can. I said it was probably not a good idea, but he insisted. I move WAY off, and he about 10 feet. It totally blew the can to pieces and one bit of shrapnel gave him about a one inch slash just above the eye. We also had firecracker wars.  A cherry bomb went down one of my friends shirt. He jumped up and by luck his shirt hung on a barbed wire fence and the bomb fell out. Could have severely injured him or worse. 

Life was different then. We had the freedom to learn the hard way. 

Dave

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Mallette said:

Man. M-80s, cherry bombs, Texas busters...such fun in my youth. We learned about danger the same way soldiers learn about surviving...by doing. Yes, even as a kid I knew an M-80 was a quarter stick of dynamite and treated it accordingly. I recall a friend of mine thinking it would be good fun to put one under a tin can. I said it was probably not a good idea, but he insisted. I move WAY off, and he about 10 feet. It totally blew the can to pieces and one bit of shrapnel gave him about a one inch slash just above the eye. We also had firecracker wars.  A cherry bomb went down one of my friends shirt. He jumped up and by luck his shirt hung on a barbed wire fence and the bomb fell out. Could have severely injured him or worse. 

Life was different then. We had the freedom to learn the hard way. 

Dave

had a similar experience with an m-80 and a tin can -- i remember feeling so lucky that i wasn’t hit by the shrapnel. 

yeah, we did a lot of stuff that was fun back then ... as a kid, riding in the back of a pick up was the best way to travel. 

• dtel locked this topic