Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

The Japanese culture isn't the same as ours. We hug a lot more and our diets are way different. Diets alone, and the obesity rate in this country might do it.

That's why I picked Japan. Here, we have so many groups that only care about themselves, or the group to which they align. 

45 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

Culture is vastly different here. You wear a mask in Japan as a sign of respect and and greatly appreciated for doing so.  Doing something for someone without asking is the standard. Here in the U. S. wearing a mask is a sign of weakness. Someone may think you are sick. Don't want that heaven forbid. Here it is like, it is MY body. MY choice. MY constitutional right. I am not sick. I am stroooong. We may even be seen in the streets hugging each other without wearing masks while protesting the government for our rights to become sick!

Yes

Only way our entire culture is making a wholesale change from this "learning experience" is death counts.

We are shortsighted. The flag waving after 911 stopped pretty quickly, and then everyone started fighting for their own interest again.

We are screwing ourselves on this one. Blame China, blame "Bat Lady", blame inner city population density. Whatever, look around at your own neighborhood. Does it look like the scenes of Japan that you see on the news reels?

China is to be blamed. I agree that we are not making the right choices, but China doesn't get a pass. 

39 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

In my opinion, not wearing a mask these days is a sign of stupidity…

Agreed

37 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

In my opinion, wearing a mask these days is a sign of paranoia...

It's the weed. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

It's the weed. 

I often wonder if 4 generations of being the worlds largest consumer (by far) of illicit drugs has anything to do some of this crap? No offense to any individual.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

I often wonder if 4 generations of being the worlds largest consumer (by far) of illicit drugs has anything to do some of this crap? No offense to any individual.

You can’t be serious 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

5 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Site please. 

I looked at a few sites

https://www.michaelshouse.com/blog/5-world-countries-with-the-worst-drug-problems/

https://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Crime/Illicit-drugs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_prevalence_of_opiates_use

• Like 1

Never smoked dope, or ate cantaloupe.

Did jump rope*.

*Nylon, not Hemp.

Wanted to try some weed, after I retired from the military, where the whiz-quiz was random.

My friend, who likes to smoke dope, jump rope, AND eat cantaloupe, had to quit the dope. He was, by then, a pilot on the great lakes where the whiz-quiz was mandatory...

• Like 1

When I first joined the military back in the 70s, there was no whiz quiz, no Colonel Urinal ... to get busted, you had to get caught red-handed.

By the time they started random testing, I had already put that former life behind me. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

When I first joined the military back in the 70s, there was no whiz quiz, no Colonel Urinal ... to get busted, you had to get caught red-handed.

That may have been true for the Coast Guard, but certainly wasn't the case for the Navy.  We were tested regularly.

• Like 2

By the time they started random testing, I had already put that former life behind me. 
I started smoking weed in the Air Force in the late 70s, and continued for a few years after I got out. Then started again for medical purposes...edibles only now though. My Drs in Mexico even recommended I have one dose every night after dinner.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• dtel locked this topic