Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

3 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Unless it is an N-95 mask, the only thing a standard hospital mask or home made cloth mask does is keep you from spraying large ammounts of particles to others when you cough. It doesn't do practically anything to protect you from getting it and may even increase your odds of contracting it.

Roger

That's good enough for me: People should keep their nasties to themselves. We have to open the country, the sooner the better (I need a hair cut lol).  If EVERYONE would wear the masks and be able to get out and start living again without an increase in death and infections, it proves we can stop all this stay at home bs. 

Even back then people knew breathing on each other could spread illness.

One of the reasons for preserving food was so you didn't have to leave the house if you got sick.

20200505_064717.jpg

• Like 1

Have you ever hear of the rainbow people?

They'll camp in national parks and forests. When a park ranger stop's to check on them , they'll strip naked and start yelling "Guns in the Church!"

One year they camped in the monongahela national forest.

They came Webster Springs  to do shopping and the IGA manager asked them to cover up and provided them towels.  

Women can walk around bare breasted in NYC.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Skelt said:

Women can walk around bare breasted in NYC.

Rub her down and scrub her back

10 minutes ago, Skelt said:

Sure, stores are privately owned and the owner can require one.

But the government shouldn't be allowed to mandate it.

You really did miss the point, sorry. The Gooberment has lots of requirements in place for safety sake and to make money, mostly to make money. Speed limits, stop signs and lots of other requirements that were.t in place when the country was founded.

If you're smart enough to wear a mask while out at a store or some other place where there are lots of people in close proximity, then the requirement isn't for you, it's for the ones who are't bright. This is an airborne pathogen and a mask is the first line of defense. I want the county to reopen, I want this to go away, hardheaded, rebellious people are not helping with that. They are giving the talking heads on the TV something to talk about.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Instead of a mask maybe they will invent a dingus that has a couple of nozzles squirting  a sweet smelling disinfectant in front of your face  when your in a crowd to kill all germs.

JJK

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skelt said:

Sure, stores are privately owned and the owner can require one.

But the government shouldn't be allowed to mandate it.

Appears someone needs to protect people from other ignorant people.  Who else but the government?

If stores were smart, there are a lot of people that don't want to be around people without masks.  That will cut their clientele.  I believe stores will enact their own controls if smart otherwise they will have less customers (unless critical).  Then you are stuck possibly getting infected by dummies.

Now if they can't be carriers or be infected, maybe they should have a sticker on their forehead so you don't have to be skeptical of them not wearing a mask.

• Like 1

That's the mentality that everyone is guilty until you prove otherwise. 

You don't have to prove the absence of a disease, maybe  imigrants when entrering the country but not citizens already here.

Last week and before my temp was taken before I could work now thats not enough.  What changed? 

• Like 1

Transparency.........   let other professionals come and verify the facts. China has not done this. We do have facts. China hid the existence of this infection and actively sought to stop professionals in their country from raising alarms. China shut down travel in its country while it encouraged international travel. 

You do not have to modify this naturally lethal virus to use it as a weapon. You simply have to judiciously insert it where you want it to do the most damage. Look at the statistics. China has relatively few cases while the west suffers greatly. The wet market is 15 miles from this lab. 15 miles for this virus is nothing. This lab is as close to a definition of epicenter as possible.

I agree China is not stupid. The are certainly dishonest. So we have 2 options. They made a galaxy sized mistake or they allowed this to happen with some intent. 

15 minutes ago, Skelt said:

That's the mentality that everyone is guilty until you prove otherwise. 

I get it, I don't like it either. 

You don't have to prove the absence of a disease, maybe  imigrants when entrering the country but not citizens already here.

Too late for that. If it wasn't here, then that would work. Think about what you said, though. The workplace of business are like the country and everyone (immigrant) needs to follow the rules when entering the wherever.  

Last week and before my temp was taken before I could work now thats not enough.  What changed? 

Was doing some work for a company last week where everyone had to answer some questions, have there temp taken and to wear a mask, every day before entering.  

2 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

China has relatively few cases while the west suffers greatly.

Feb 13, 2020 Look at the date and how quickly they were trying to get on top of it. 

A totally different way of thinking. People here are pushing back against a mask while some parts of the world are handling it in a more united way. 

• dtel locked this topic