Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

1 hour ago, Islander said:

There's no "we" who have scared them, it's the sight of so many of their coworkers fallen ill that scares them.  Shit got real.

and the deaths are not slowing down ----------anywhere ,   the UK has topped 32000 - that's the most in EUROPE ----that a bit less than half the USA deaths with 1/5 th the population

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/uk-coronavirus-1.5554837

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 000 said:

and the deaths are not slowing down ----------anywhere ,   the UK has topped 32000 - that's the most is EUROPE ----

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/uk-coronavirus-1.5554837

How does UK's hypertension, diabetes, and obesity compare to US along with percentage of old?  Or does it have to do with the medical system?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

How does UK's hypertension, diabetes, and obesity compare to US along with percentage of old?  Or does it have to do with the medical system?

it should be the same ,   they reacted very slowly to the pandemic ,  they did not isolate people till a later date versus other countries , and the infection rate is now higher -----  their medical system is still one of the best in the world ----but the numbers are huge in comparison to the USA-Canada

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 000 said:

it should be the same ,   they reacted very slowly to the pandemic ,  they did not isolate people till a later date versus other countries , and the infection rate is now higher -----  their medical system is still one of the best in the world ----but the numbers are huge in comparison to the USA-Canada

I take it the PM is out of hospital?

• Like 1

Allowing food processing plants to shut down completely is analogous to allowing the NYPD or the military to shut down.  If you think deaths from the virus are high, wait until there is no food in the stores and rioting and looting takes place across country.  I would take my chances with the virus over that anytime.

Maynard

• Like 5

Just now, tube fanatic said:

Allowing food processing plants to shut down completely is analogous to allowing the NYPD or the military to shut down.  If you think deaths from the virus are high, wait until there is no food in the stores and rioting and looting takes place across country.  I would take my chances with the virus over that anytime.

Maynard

Society is always only 9 meals away from food riots.

• Like 1

Just now, billybob said:

I take it the PM is out of hospital?

yes , he is ,  oddly ,  he stopped shaking hands of everybody , you can call the guy a super-optimist ,and  a dare devil

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tube fanatic said:

Maynard

Cannot make people work if sick or likely to get sick in the same environment. Think the analogy is a bit weak. Eat what is available and not shop meat like there will be no tomorrow. thanks!

Billy

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 000 said:

yes , he is ,  oddly ,  he stopped shaking hands of everybody , you can call the guy a super-optimist ,and  a dare devil

That not shaking hands must be a terrible habit to break. Thanks!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

This was so obviously doctored I can't believe you would put it on this thread.

JJK

You can believe what you want, it made news. It was making headline news, not because the video was doctored. He is claiming 'audio glitch' but didn't say it was' doctored. 

34 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

Society is always only 9 meals away from food riots.

Scary thought:

"In 1906, Alfred Henry Lewis stated, “There are only nine meals between mankind and anarchy.

If there were an interruption in the supply of food, fear would set in immediately. And, if the resumption of the food supply were uncertain, the fear would become pronounced. After only nine missed meals, it’s not unlikely that we’d panic and be prepared to commit a crime to acquire food. If we were to see our neighbour with a loaf of bread, and we owned a gun, we might well say, “I’m sorry, you’re a good neighbour and we’ve been friends for years, but my children haven’t eaten today – I have to have that bread – even if I have to shoot you.”

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 000 said:

Like that dry flyaway look. He may have learned a big lesson. Maybe he will hand shy for awhile. One thing though, there is nothing like extending your hand for a handshake and then suddenly jerking it back, to piss a voter off.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Deang said:

So some of you think a BSL-4 facility is like Jurassic Park. A little misdirection, grab your specimens, and head off to the market. Lol. Yes, it’s as ridiculous as it sounds. 

Dodson! Dodson! We've got Dodson here! (sorry, had to)

So many unknowns. Almost anything can happen before the release or spread. As BigStewMan summised, that is a possibility. It happens before we even know there is an issue in some instances. And I also cannot get behind much of anything said by this admin. Too many verifiable lies and obfuscations. Some day they may actually be correct about something and all I'll hear is "Wolf!"  I never was that way. I always stayed open to other people and their thinkings. I feel as though I am slowly 'closing' that thought process. I still fight against it.

• Like 1

• dtel locked this topic