Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Deang said:

What's really sad is that if people would just maintain some space, practice good hygiene, and cover their mouth and nose -- we would be done with this in a month. But no, we have to deal with the "freedom fighters", which will keep us dealing with this bullshit for the next half year. Jeebus! 

Tomorrow is Nurse's Day, thank one tomorrow.

It kicks off Nurse's Week which end on the 12th, the Birthday of The Lady With the Lamp.

Hygiene, hygiene, hygiene.

"Florence Nightingale — founded modern nursing. Thanks to her strict use of hand-washing and hygiene practices while caring for wounded soldiers in the Crimean War, Nightingale and her helpers reduced the death rate from 42% to 2% — ushering in nursing as we know it today."

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Deang said:

Fauci said what most agree with. The virus was not ‘manipulated or enhanced’.  But, he says ‘it does exist in the lab and it exists the wild so it makes no difference‘ implying that the same strain in the lab is responsible for the pandemic. Does not not say it could or could not have come from the lab. He is saying it doesn’t make any difference medically. And he’s correct medically it is the same critter. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 hours ago, pzannucci said:

How does UK's hypertension, diabetes, and obesity compare to US along with percentage of old?  Or does it have to do with the medical system?

The UK's life expectancy avg. is about 30th, Canada 15th.

The US is right about 60th, usually right behind Cuba.

As discussed earlier, with this bug an older population will probably result in slightly higher overall death rate. 

2 hours ago, Deang said:

What's really sad is that if people would just maintain some space, practice good hygiene, and cover their mouth and nose -- we would be done with this in a month. But no, we have to deal with the "freedom fighters", which will keep us dealing with this bullshit for the next half year. Jeebus! 

It doesn’t help that 40% of Americans are obese.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Fauci said what most agree with. The virus was not ‘manipulated or enhanced’.  But, he says ‘it does exist in the lab and it exists the wild so it makes no difference‘ implying that the same strain in the lab is responsible for the pandemic. Does not not say it could or could not have come from the lab. He is saying it doesn’t make any difference medically. And he’s correct medically it is the same critter. 

Hmmmm. My take's a little different from this quote:

"However, if the coronavirus was already naturally present in bats being studied in a lab, “that means it was in the wild, to begin with,” said Fauci. “That’s why I don’t get what they’re talking about [and] why I don’t spend a lot of time going in on this circular argument.”

He thinks "they" are talking in circles. I think he's right.

2 hours ago, Deang said:

I carry pepper spray when I go out. I'm not kidding. 

Pepper spray is not usually recommended unless you've been trained on how and when to use it.  You're just as likely to spray yourself or an innocent passerby.

I would suggest running away if confronted, I'm not kidding.  If that doesn't work, there's always your CCW.  💣🏹🔫

WHERE'S THE BEEF?

18% of Wendy's are out of beef

I don't eat there myself, but some Wendy's will stop selling hamburgers.

Not even possible a company like that is making that kind of decision because they want to share food resources.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

It doesn’t help that 40% of Americans are obese.

And smokers or have been - my daughters a practitioner at a large asthma clinic, two kids and her mom, my ex, smoked for many years and developed some chronic lung issues. While talking with her today I asked if her mom had seen the Grands, yes but from a distance much greater than six feet. “When are you going to let them have contact” - she said a Year to fifteen months! I was stunned. “Are you kidding me” - nope I am not going to be responsible for having any of the elderly in the family, including me, exposed by anything I allow. She said her moms lungs condition makes it a death sentence if she contracts Rona. She was damn serious about this - 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

Our gubna is being sued, so is Washington’s. I’m sure all the rest, including the prez, are, or will be, too.

As they say - anyone can sue anyone — 

I believe my neighboring state of Missouri has sued China - as they say —

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Hmmmm. My take's a little different from this quote:

"However, if the coronavirus was already naturally present in bats being studied in a lab, “that means it was in the wild, to begin with,” said Fauci. “That’s why I don’t get what they’re talking about [and] why I don’t spend a lot of time going in on this circular argument.”

He thinks "they" are talking in circles. I think he's right.

All he is saying is that the same strain originated in nature and that it was kept in the lab. He does not address which source initiated this pandemic one way or the other...... to him as a medical doctor it does matter. It could’ve started from the lab as far as he cares........ or not.

14 minutes ago, richieb said:

As they say - anyone can sue anyone — 

I believe my neighboring state of Missouri has sued China - as they say —

Some will win, some will lose,

Some were born to play the blues...

Petit-fogging Lawyers get rich, or a little richer, anyway you want it......

Their lips are moving...

11 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

All he is saying is that the same strain originated in nature and that it was kept in the lab. He does not address which source initiated this pandemic one way or the other...... to him as a medical doctor it does matter. It could’ve started from the lab as far as he cares........ or not.

I thought I heard the lab worked to increase the efficacy of the virus strains so they could figure out effective treatments (supposedly).  I also thought I heard similar strains, not sure if I heard exact strain, was in the bats many miles away.  Do you have to do gene splicing or can you force a more virulent version of the virus by working within the confines of mother nature?  Serious question.

6 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

Some will win, some will lose,

Some were born to play the blues...

Petit-fogging Lawyers get rich, or a little richer, anyway you want it......

Their lips are moving...

“Never let a good crisis go to waste” —

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

The same guy who said no masks were needed. 

W+T

Are you referring to the doctor or the man who thinks we should all be shooting up with disinfectant?

The nation's foremost infectious disease expert, Dr. Anthony Fauci, said in an interview with CNN on Monday that the decision to reopen states across the country amounted to balancing “how many deaths and how much suffering are you willing to accept to get back to what you want to be, some form of normality, sooner rather than later."'

I think the doctor might be a little more qualified but that would depend on who you ask

Mark

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• dtel locked this topic