Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

1 hour ago, pzannucci said:

Goes to show we don't want to deal with reality.  We just want to justify our position, whoever we are.  Really really sorry that our officials will do this to KEEP EVERYONE SCAREDMakes it easier to keep everyone under their control and not fighting back if they are too scared of the possibilities, real or not....  We're going to have PTSD from just what our ELECTED officials feed us.  Do these dodos really think they can just continue to print money to keep everyone home?   Wait, the way they spend money I think I know the answer to that.

I can't figure out their thought processes other than they are quite dubious.

1 minute ago, pzannucci said:

Sputnik, let's see if we can divert this thread from political bashing that got the last thread shut down back to about the virus.

BTW, it doesn't matter if it collapses at some point.  You can't sustain that forever.  Even Rome fell.  It really matters how long it can be sustained. 

Sounds like you just don't want success and growth.  Your motivation?

Hey pot this is kettle - you’re black.

I’m not not talking politics - that’s useless.  I’m talking about mismanagement.  Why do you imply that I “don’t want success or growth”?  Your motivation??

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Deang said:

He said that on 2/17. We sure know more about it now than we did then, right?

They were also trying to prevent a run on masks, since they knew they didn't have many, and needed them for nurses and doctors.

So, he had an unspoken agenda and tried to bullshit the public in furtherance of it?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sputnik said:

Hey pot this is kettle - you’re black.

I’m not not talking politics - that’s useless.  I’m talking about mismanagement.  Why do you imply that I “don’t want success or growth”?  Your motivation??

Good Luck but.... your motivation I am pointing out is always as you stated " collapse".  How do you propose the country move forward, have any ideas other than failure?  What do you propose to do to fix the mismanagement.  Not talking a different administration but concrete ideas.  What is going wrong and how do you fix it?

By the way, when I was talking center in my previous posts, it was referring to the fringe that come in and try to create solutions based on their own bias.  Throw away your bias and put forth new ideas on what should be done.

7 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Not this year, LOL.  Unless they're playing digital golf.

Can't get much better social distancing outside of the golf course unless you ride in the same golf cart.  Just make sure you bring the hand sanitizer to pull the flag.

3 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

Can't get much better social distancing outside of the golf course unless you ride in the same golf cart.  Just make sure you bring the hand sanitizer to pull the flag.

New rule change - you don’t have to pull the flag.

https://golf.com/news/tournaments/dave-pelz-the-science-proves-you-should-leave-the-flagstick-in-when-you-putt-2/

• Like 1

Golf courses open here and booming. New rules: pay online or over the phone, only 2 allowed in clubhouse at one time. Hand sanitizer in clubhouse after you pay (if you pay inside). Social distance on the course. Only 1 in each cart. Carts sprayed/sanitized after each use. Don't touch anyone else's balls (a given). Flagstick stays in. They put a foam core into the cup, so if you "sink" a putt, the ball stays on the top of the foam. Rakes removed from sand traps. Ball washers removed.

8 in 10 deaths are 65 or older.  Should low risk groups be working considering those numbers?  

Probably 8 in 10 of people under 65 that have died have comorbidity.  That drastically reduces the impact other than spreaders/carriers.

I was wondering. There are now 7 types of Coronaviruses known to infect humans. 4 of those are relatively benign while 3 cause severe infections and covid19 is among those. The 4 less severe viruses cause what we term a ‘common cold’.

So with covid19 we have proportion of victims showing no symptoms and another group suffering severe ailments...... and this seems to be confusing to science. Well what if (purely speculation), what if the people showing mild or nor symptoms recently had a Coronavirus type cold? Could they have achieved some level of immunity to covid19 having defeated a recent Coronavirus infection?

This is just a maybe...... thinking out loud here like Trump tends to do. Seems too obvious an answer on one hand but sometimes people overlook the obvious. They say that 15% of our regular ‘cold’ episodes are caused by Coronaviruses. Could these people have some limited and temporary immunity to covid19?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Deang said:

He said that on 2/17. We sure know more about it now than we did then, right?

They were also trying to prevent a run on masks, since they knew they didn't have many, and needed them for nurses and doctors.

Our mask stockpile was depleted by 75% in 2009 with the H1N1 and never brought to suggested levels by two (2) administrations. Yes two, there was one prior to this one I believe - . Blame can be pointed out in any direction you care to point - 

FIVE 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, richieb said:

Our mask stockpile was depleted by 75% in 2009 with the H1N1 and never brought to suggested levels by two (2) administrations. Yes two, there was one prior to this one I believe - . Blame can be pointed out in any direction you care to point - 

FIVE 

If you want to fix a problem, you need to look deeper into the cause.  Why was there a shortage of N95 masks?  The answer is politics and not pointing blame at either administration, congress also had a contribution.  The solution......place public safety above politics, listen to experts, be prepared, don’t bend facts, don’t exaggerate, don’t blame the the other guy, and get past partisan budget fights.  I think the link below is enlightening.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/apr/08/donald-trump/trump-said-obama-admin-left-him-bare-stockpile-wro/

• Like 1

Question:  If you had to prioritize development of vaccines vs stockpiling PPE considering budget limitations, where would you put resources?  With the benefit if hindsight,  I don’t know.

• dtel locked this topic