Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

Just now, Deang said:

So anyways, I'm doing the Abbott igG antibody test tomorrow. It's going to cost me $65 and I'll know in three days or less. 

good luck -----

19 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

It is kind of the same as if you had a cup full of virus and continually breathed directly over it unprotected for hours.

i call that cup a cup of Rum.  Worst booze in existence in my opinion.

• Haha 1

The Father of 1 of my friends died today , he was in hospital with Covid 19----and he was treated , then he got over it , he was released , went home , everything is fine , and 2 days later , he came down very hard with it , all of a sudden , back to the hospital , and he didn't make it - it hit him like a freight train -

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Deang said:

Technically a waste of money. Testing positive is no guarantee that you won't get it again. OTOH, if it didn't kill you the first time ... 

Dean,

Other problem is that it has mutated and there are now two types of Covid-19. Type L represents 70 % of cases and is most aggressive. Type S is less aggressive and represents 30 % of cases. This explains exactly why a single vaccine will not work.

Roger

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deang said:

Technically a waste of money. Testing positive is no guarantee that you won't get it again. OTOH, if it didn't kill you the first time ... 

I have OCD and am supposed to accept that i have to live with a certain level of uncertainly in life. 

While no guarantee, i would be shocked to find that there isn’t at least limited immunity. 

Best wishes to you Dean.

2 minutes ago, 000 said:

The Father of 1 of my friends died today , he was in hospital with Covid 19----and he was treated , then he got over it , he was released , went home , everything is fine , and 2 days later , he came down very hard with it , all of a sudden , back to the hospital , and he didn't make it - it hit him like a freight train -

my condolences. did he test negative prior to release?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Dean,

Other problem is that it has mutated and there are now two types of Covid-19. Type L represents 70 % of cases and is most aggressive. Type S is less aggressive and represents 30 % of cases. This explains exactly why a single vaccine will not work.

Roger

Hey Roger, what do you think of the researchers that have said they’ve seen mutations that are weaker. I think the principle was referred to as Muller’s Rachet. Sounded to me more like the second law of thermodynamics -- natural order of an isolated system is to degenerate into a state of disorder. Probably shouldn’t talk about that after my third beer, but this is the Klipsch forum, what the heck, right?

Hope you are having a fine evening. 

Steve

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, 000 said:

Sad news. Sorry for all involved. 

• Like 2

• dtel locked this topic