Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

29 minutes ago, 000 said:

The Father of 1 of my friends died today , he was in hospital with Covid 19----and he was treated , then he got over it , he was released , went home , everything is fine , and 2 days later , he came down very hard with it , all of a sudden , back to the hospital , and he didn't make it - it hit him like a freight train -

Seems like it was never out of his system and likely blood clots from the sound of it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pzannucci said:

Goes to show we don't want to deal with reality.  We just want to justify our position, whoever we are.  Really really sorry that our officials will do this to KEEP EVERYONE SCAREDMakes it easier to keep everyone under their control and not fighting back if they are too scared of the possibilities, real or not....  We're going to have PTSD from just what our ELECTED officials feed us.  Do these dodos really think they can just continue to print money to keep everyone home?   Wait, the way they spend money I think I know the answer to that.

I can't figure out their thought processes other than they are quite dubious.

I don't think people are scared, I think they are concerned. No one I know is "scared". Most people are just tired of this. 

How does government benefit from this? How do corporations benefit? How does anyone benefit from this? Oh yeah, Fauci gets a big pay off from the new vaccine!! Good grief.

I think it's just what it looks like - a pandemic that no one prepared for, and because of lack of testing, we still don't know the full extent of what we're dealing with.

Extensive testing should drive the death rate down, which should make @Dave A happy, so what's the problem?

33 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Dean,

Other problem is that it has mutated and there are now two types of Covid-19. Type L represents 70 % of cases and is most aggressive. Type S is less aggressive and represents 30 % of cases. This explains exactly why a single vaccine will not work.

Roger

What I'm reading is that most everyone here is being hit by the second strain, because that is the one that landed in NY from Europe, where it originated.

When you get a flu shot, it covers several strains, all of the variants they believe will hit. So, it's not a concern, they will figure it out. 

1 minute ago, Deang said:

I don't think people are scared, I think they are concerned. No one I know is "scared". Most people are just tired of this. 

How does government benefit from this? How do corporations benefit? How does anyone benefit from this? Oh yeah, Fauci gets a big pay off from the new vaccine!! Good grief.

I think it's just what it looks like - a pandemic that no one prepared for, and because of lack of testing, we still don't know the full extent of what we're dealing with.

Extensive testing should drive the death rate down, which should make @Dave A happy, so what's the problem?

A lot of folks don't really want to go out of their house.

As far as the govt, wait and see the additional stimulus along with all of the other stuff that will bury our and our children's futures.  It's all about control and direction... Watch over the next 6 months.  I only know of one way it won't happen but....

I got out to see the Blue Angels flyover today to honor coronavirus first responders (today is National Nurses Day).  I shot this short video near DFW airport just after they had circled over Dallas.  A few minutes later they circled over Fort Worth where they flew over the hospital district where my wife works, then off to Houston and New Orleans. 

• Like 3

I'm not getting that. Most people are just doing their best to do what's best for others. 

Yeah, the situation with the economy is worrisome. It bothers me more than the pandemic. I don't think it's about control and direction, I just think they're panicking and don't know what in the **** to do. I think maybe you give them too much credit.

36 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

A lot of folks don't really want to go out of their house.

As far as the govt, wait and see the additional stimulus along with all of the other stuff that will bury our and our children's futures.  It's all about control and direction... Watch over the next 6 months.  I only know of one way it won't happen but....

bring the jobs back from China as fast as you can , stop buying made in China , buy USA MADE  , put people to work   , or everybody to work  , and maybe we will be able to get out of the hole -

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Deang said:

I'm not getting that. Most people are just doing their best to do what's best for others. 

Yeah, the situation with the economy is worrisome. It bothers me more than the pandemic. I don't think it's about control and direction, I just think they're panicking and don't know what in the **** to do. I think maybe you give them too much credit.

I would love to agree with your last couple of sentences and hope you are right.  Just seems a lot of manipulation going on.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

I would love to agree with your last couple of sentences and hope you are right.  Just seems a lot of manipulation going on.

I work as a Network Engineer for the DOD. I've been out there since high school. One thing everyone learns while working for the government is only 1 in 10 know what they're doing, and no one EVER seems to know what in the hell is going on.

9 minutes ago, 000 said:

bring the jobs back from China as fast ad you can , stop buying made in China , buy USA MADE  , put people to work   , or everybody to work  , and maybe we will be able to get out of the hole -

I've decided to learn Mandarin. 

• Moderators
23 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Thar be no correlation to either the lab or the market and therein lies the rub. Interestingly they know the covid19 strain originated in a bat and that the novel viruses stored in the lab came directly from bats. But I read that if the virus started in the wet market that it had to come from an intermediate source. It could not have come directly from infected bats. I think they’ve inferred civet cats as a possible link from bat to humans via the marketplace. My point is that they should be able to sleuth out the source of the virus in the market by seeking out vendors who dealt in such critters. But none of that has been done. China simply does not want this issue drilled into. If it were me - I’d want that lab exonerated if at all possible but China’s not working too hard toward that goal.

Agree with all of that. However,  you point our the problems wirh process, lack of transparency and even misinformation as the problem whereas many others unfortunately see some correlation and even causation. 

It will all come out sooner or later.

• Like 1

This this showed up in my Facebook feed:

"Flattening the curve didn’t mean stop the infection, but spread it out so that the system could handle it. I am seeing so much anxiety about resuming business, and so much anger about continued regulations. People are feeling the need to catapult to one side or the other, then fight the opposition.

Here’s my perspective, from a mainstream medical model. I think a lot of folks have fallen into the idea that social distancing was meant to stop the viral spread. It wasn’t. It was meant to SLOW it while we put medical infrastructure in place. It’s not perfect, but it’s much better than it was seven weeks ago. A vaccine is a long way off. At some point, people have to be systematically exposed to begin the building of (hopeful) herd immunity. We will likely begin to experience a real increase in cases after reopening. Ideally, that exposure is controlled and calculated, in phases, to allow our medical community to respond adequately, and reduce the number of severe or fatal cases. That’s where we are.

Whether you feel like things will be opening too soon, or not soon enough, we were never going to social distance this thing into nonexistence. You now need to proceed as your health, wallet, and conscience allow. If you are medically vulnerable, you do not need to be a part of what is about to happen. Stay home if you can. If you’re not, or if your financial vulnerability trumps your health concerns, you need to proceed in ways that continue to protect yourself, and the elderly and medically vulnerable around you.

All of us need to calm down. Quit telling people who are financially struggling that they don’t care about human lives. Quit telling people who are truly at risk of dying from this virus that they are cowering in fear. Remember that until you’ve walked in someone else’s shoes, you should probably be careful in your judgments and subsequent harsh words. We don’t HAVE to choose an either/or proposition and fight. We could choose other ways to be.

Examples include but are not limited to: “I think this may be too soon, so I will continue to shelter myself, and pray/make masks/ check on those who can’t.” “I really need to go back to work, so I will do so, but I will be careful and try to protect myself, my family, and those around me with healthy strategies.” See how those positions allow each of us to do what we need to, and also respect those who are choosing differently?

One thing that allows us to do this is humility. I can acknowledge that I am not an epidemiologist/economist/whatever, that I am making decisions based on my understanding of complex subjects and my own personal health and financial situation, that I am not all knowing, always right, and an expert in all fields, and that each person around me is doing their best too. We can make different choices and still be a supportive community. We can learn and evolve in our understanding of these issues.” -- Shellie Anderson Logan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• dtel locked this topic