Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

27 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Agree with all of that. However,  you point our the problems wirh process, lack of transparency and even misinformation as the problem whereas many others unfortunately see some correlation and even causation. 

It will all come out sooner or later.

the WHO has no coercitive force  -

13 minutes ago, billybob said:

The gentle art of persuation or

WHO , should be able to deploy  rapidly anywhere in the world , in civil areas- why join the WHO if a country does not wish to abide by world health standards ---

8 minutes ago, 000 said:

WHO , should be able to deploy  rapidly anywhere in the world , in civil areas-  the planet is at stake  ,  and time is valuable - if you dont like it , pull out of the WHO -

Do you know if is working in other countries. And with the virus?

Don't know but possibly they can get by on the billions, the US has 

provided. Hard times.  Say 

1 hour ago, Deang said:

What I'm reading is that most everyone here is being hit by the second strain, because that is the one that landed in NY from Europe, where it originated.

When you get a flu shot, it covers several strains, all of the variants they believe will hit. So, it's not a concern, they will figure it out. 

Nope,

I wont ever take their vaccine.

Roger

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Deang said:

All of us need to calm down. Quit telling people who are financially struggling that they don’t care about human lives. Quit telling people who are truly at risk of dying from this virus that they are cowering in fear. Remember that until you’ve walked in someone else’s shoes, you should probably be careful in your judgments and subsequent harsh words. We don’t HAVE to choose an either/or proposition and fight. We could choose other ways to be

Loved this part.  I tell people all the time that not everything is an either/or argument.  Once upon a time, i looked at the world as either black or white. A friend scolded me and told me that most of life was in the gray areas. I realized that he was right.  once we learn the reason people make the decisions they do, we often can be more sympathetic and offer some grace to them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

BG is going the HRC route. 

BTW, I like the patents.  Had to go peruse them.  Coronavirus is 93 pages... Big patent.  47 pages for the vaccine.  Genetic sequences and all. 

Very interesting timing..  image.png.be96bf91a67595c0e045004e8ec463fc.png

9 hours ago, 000 said:

bring the jobs back from China as fast as you can , stop buying made in China , buy USA MADE  , put people to work   , or everybody to work  , and maybe we will be able to get out of the hole -

Even if corporate greed is eliminated, and some manufacturing is brought back here, who is going to work in the factories?  With the current mentality there would not be enough of a work force to even scratch the surface.  Food processing workers refusing to come back to work demonstrate why we can’t survive economically.  

Maynard

1 minute ago, tube fanatic said:

Even if corporate greed is eliminated, and some manufacturing is brought back here, who is going to work in the factories?  With the current mentality there would not be enough of a work force to even scratch the surface.  Food processing workers refusing to come back to work demonstrate why we can’t survive economically.  

Maynard

And is this because people aren't scared and are just getting more money on unemployment?

• dtel locked this topic