Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

3 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

To suggest everyone should be made to wear masks at all times outside is blatantly ignorant of the FACTS here on this.

To make such a blanket statement to the uneducated with out specifically going into detail laying it out for the laymen is very irresponsible at best.

Crusty Azz Roger

Fixed it for ya!

:emotion-21:

• Thanks 1

More information;  studies have been done and a sneeze or a cough can exit the human mouth at 300 miles per hour. Someone who coughs in a supermarket aisle can infect you or goods two aisles over in either direction.

I have seen several people in public sneezing or coughing without a mask and tell me, oh, it is just allergies. Since Covid-19 can be asymptomatic, just exactly how do you know you are not carrying it on top of your damned allergies., In this case, they should get a beat  down for not having a mask on !!

Another personal pet peave. I have had to wait in line with social distancing with groups of smokers hanging out at the entrance, both employees and customers. If I can smell your smoke, it has been in your lungs and if you wont get away from where I have to go to enter the store;; This is another reason for a public beat down as well.

Roger

13 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

It's Roger.  DUH.  LOL.  He flunked the social skills class in high school.

Thanks, Carl !!

I had very little filter before my accident where I damaged my frontal lobe. Now I have absolutely NO filter and I don't do ignorance well.

Roger

Just now, Deang said:

Was kinda hoping for a positive. It’s the test for antibodies. 

Dean,

Hope you do have antibodies !!

If nobody can build antibodies from having the live virus, then a vaccine will be nothing but a placebo with possible ill intent.

Roger

51 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

To suggest everyone should be made to wear masks at all times outside is blatantly ignorant of the FACTS here on this.

To make such a blanket statement to the uneducated with out specifically going into detail laying it out for the laymen is very irresponsible at best.

Roger

If you live in a city and your outside is the hallway of your apartment building, you probably should wear a mask.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

... studies have been done and a sneeze or a cough can exit the human mouth at 300 miles per hour. Someone who coughs in a supermarket aisle can infect you or goods two aisles over in either direction.

It was a German study. In aerosolized form, you have to be pretty close - hence the six feet. Some of the conclusions from the study came under heavy fire.  

• Moderators
It was a German study. In aerosolized form, you have be pretty close - hence the six feet. Some of the conclusions from the study came under heavy fire.  

A few studies have shown droplets can travel 12 feet or further from a cough or sneeze. I did not personally read those particular reports. Dtel read them and passed the info along. He made the statement that according to one report he read we could be sitting on our front porch and someone passing in their car could pass on the road and if the wind was blowing the droplets could reach the porch. Our porch is approximately 100 feet from the road. Not sure how true that is....but he read it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

If nobody can build antibodies from having the live virus, then a vaccine will be nothing but a placebo with possible ill intent.

?

That is a myth. 

A vaccine works by presenting your system with something to attack, and it creates the necessary antibodies. This is why some people get a little ill after a flu shot.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Deang said:

?

That is a myth. 

A vaccine works by presenting your system with something to attack, and it creates the necessary antibodies. This is why some people get a little ill after a flu shot.

I think the statement says if the vaccine doesn't actually force the body to create the correct antibodies, then it is worthless.  Not that a vaccine won't work if your body does create antibodies.

21 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

If you live in a city and your outside is the hallway of your apartment building, you probably should wear a mask.

NOPE !!

Unless you have a N-95 mask with an air tight seal a mask only protects others from you if you are sick. Unless you have an N-95 mask with an air tight seal, you are actually increasing your own odds of getting sick PERIOD ...

Roger

• dtel locked this topic